Idle Fixed

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Sublime68-96

Idle Fixed

Post by Sublime68-96 »

Im not sure about anyone elses, but my idle problem turned out to be a bad head gasket and due to that I was loosing compression in cylinder 1, so when I was at a stop light it didn't have the power to keep it going. My advice to all of you out there with problems is to check your compression because if it is that, the longer you put it off, the worse it gets and you could possibly end up with a cracked head.
anjin1982

Re: Idle Fixed

Post by anjin1982 »

i fixed my idle but i did it another way i inserted a jumper wire in terminal ten and grd to reset the ecu (it said that in my chilton under idle adjustment)well any i put the jumper wire my idle rose while it was in i popped it back out and when i drove around it doesnt do it anymorefor more details or questions im me (anjin1982 or interceptor mx3)or email me anjin1982@hotmail.com i have pics to help you out! (could this post be have the answers we all been waiting for...lets hope so!
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

I think mine is a broken head gasket, but I dont have the money to replace it...to bad I dont know how to do it...I know it takes a few hours but could I do it myself??
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

does the engine make a noise or anything if the headgasket is bad???

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”