hesitation???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
i kandee

hesitation???

Post by i kandee »

Ok...when I bought my car a year ago everything was fine. But when I brought it to humid TN it started acting crazy on really hot days. I would try to take off from a stop light and i would get this huge hesitation. then the gas would kick in. So I took it to maZda ($$$$) and they told me it was the mass air flow meter. instead of paying 800 US for a new one i got one from the junk yard for 200.. the hesitation seemed better but it was also winter time. the hot weather came this year and it was doing it again. so...i started with simple stuff..fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank, new fuel filter, K&N air filter,new NGK plugs and wires which made a huge difference and now it only happens once in a while. the guys at mazda are telling me it is probably my timing belt and that they would gladly replace it for 300 US.. ha ha Does anyone have an idea of what else this could be?? Or do you think it is the timing belt??My car has 70,000 k's on it..they said the timing belt can wear a rut and off set your timing..what do you think?? I have had my transmission checked and all fluids are topped off. The only thing left to replace under the hood is my alternator and the timing belt. Everything else has been replaced in the last year. I pray it's not an electrical problem..
who said girls can't drive??
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: hesitation???

Post by Custommx3 »

Where in Tennessee R U?
i kandee

Post by i kandee »

Just outside of nashville, about 20 minutes from there actually.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

We are having a memphis meet sometime this summer. There is a 93 GS SE owner there, her name is Megan. We had a meet in Nashville last year, this time, its going to be in Memphis.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Oh and to answer your question, I think it has alot to do with the humidity of the air. Your ECU is used to acting in certain conditions as far as air/fuel goes. I as well have a similar isse, but mine is running rich. Ive replaced EVERYTHING, and Mazda is dumbfounded as well. So Im just living with it. I will be doing a motor swap soon, so Im just going to deal with it. Here in the states, mazda recommends changing your timign belty @ 60K miles and 120K miles. I personally changed my RS's timing belt @ 112K miles, thats because I just kept puting it off since it was so expensive. <BR>My GS was changed @ 120 by the previous owner, so I dont have to worry much about that one.<p>[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
i kandee

Post by i kandee »

Thanks for the info.It's nice to know that it<BR> could be this super high humidity. I will watch the boards for when the meet is..Are you going to the import show in ATL. on August 10th? <BR>Do you think changing out my chip would help this at all??
LUIS

Post by LUIS »

verify the voltage batery cables alternator terminal and check the voltage is not drop<BR>13v 15v alternator. ;) [email]null[/email] :cool:
Luis A. Suren<BR>http://members.cardomain.com/surenmx3<BR> project mx-3 wild
renef

Post by renef »

Dude, after a HUGE rainstorm that lasted a few days, I had a nasty problem with hesitation.<P>I found a problem with the O2 sensor. It was all clogged up. I sprayed the sucker with a little bit of B12 Chemtool Carb Cleaner.<P>The gunk came off and it was all good.<P>Also, I have an Air/Fuel Meter on the dash and it was pegged all the way to the left telling me that the O2 sensor was messed up.<P>hope this helps.
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
LUIS

Post by LUIS »

renef estaba loco por encontrarte voy hacer mi carro turbo y quiero recomendaciones<BR>mx-3rs sohc turbo soon<P>suren protege_es@hotmail.com :eek:
    LUIS

Post by LUIS »

e-mail protege_es@hotmail.com [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
    i kandee

Post by i kandee »

Which O2 sensor are you talking about>? The one in the manifold or the one in the exhaust? I would like to replace mine but they have given me two options...
    renef

Post by renef »

The O2 sensor in the exhaust... as in the header.<P>pop that sucker out and get it replaced.<P>I suggest that you get a big fat tune-up while you're at it. Then, take off the negative battery connector, stomp on the brake for about 10 seconds, then put the connector back on.<P>The ECU will reset, any error codes will go away and the timing and air/fuel will go back to normal.<P>see ya!
    White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”