Weird Idle problem...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
rikymaru

Weird Idle problem...

Post by rikymaru »

I have the 95 1.6 DOHC and am having a problem.<P>First off, I have a manual tranny. My car idles around 500-800 RPMs usually. But whenever I start stopping and hit about 10 MPH or less my idle starts dying to 150 and the car shakes. But it has never actually died off. It jsut drops to about 150 for 3 or so seconds and then jumps back to 500-800. Im not running too rich or too lean and I have checked all the hoses (Havent sprayed them yet though to see if there is a leak; I'm doing that tommorrow)<P>Any suggestions?
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.
gecko1650

Re: Weird Idle problem...

Post by gecko1650 »

I have a 94 1.6 liter and my car did the same thing I put new spark plugs and spark plug wires and it dosent do it any more.<BR>hope this helps
mx3man18

Post by mx3man18 »

I have a 94' I-4 and it does the same thing. Let me know when you find out what the problem is.
gorman
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

these cars are notorious for this problem.....change the plugs oil get some ngk wires and clean your filter or replace it depending on application and this should clear up the problem
Steve
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

mine does this only under heavy load. Take your car somewhere and check your electrical equipment, or do it yourself. <P>In my case, my Alt is going on me. I plan on replacing with a v6 model (90amp) as compared to our 70amp.<P>Mine only does it when I have the a/c or heater on, and step on the brakes. Especially at night with the lights on.<P>Hope that helps

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”