BPT swap on the way

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
OsoSlo z28

Re: BPT swap on the way

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if i were you, i'd get the ecu reprogrammed but since you have a 93, the s-afc is fairly simple to hook up so it's up to you. i went to a performance shop and they quoted me about 1000-1100 to do the swap and all the pipes. i'm going to call some other places tomorrow so i'll let you know what's up. just to let you know...the price for the motor, ecu, clutch, motor mounts, gaskets replaced, the pilot/throw out bearings, plus shipping came out to 1816. shipping ended up only being 220.<P>oh yeah...honda killer...what all problems are you aware of on this swap? as far as i know, the only prob is that the bpt doesn't have an egr(pretty much all the vacuum lines on top of the intake manifold are tossed) so this might create a check engine light. there's also one sensor,i think a coolant temp sensor but not sure, that needs to be swapped. other than that, everything else works out(as far as i know) so if you know of some more things let me know.<p>[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
codene

Post by codene »

does that price include IC pipes ? also i was gonna get a boost controller and run it at like 4 or 5 normal then set it to like 15 (or whatever stock internals can take) when im going to the races. so i was thinking the SAFC would be better cuz it would adjust to the different boost.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

mine didnt include ic pipes but they said that it would only be 50-75 maybe 100 dollars extra. but he said probly closer to 50-75. so they arent that much extra. also i would suggest getting the ecu reprogrammed cause then at least you get something to go from. then get the s-afc and tune it even more and get even more hp and power.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

codene, i talked to another guy today. he quoted me around 600 for the swap. i'm going over there tomorrow so he can look at it and give me an actual quote. this quote was over the phone after he went and looked stuff up. this is swapping in the motor, tranny, clutch, and shafts. there's a guy right down the street that will do the pipes for a good price. i'm going to talk to him tomorrow as well. i'll keep ya posted. about the s-afc. like honda killer said, it's best to get the ecu and that way you will be running like it's a stock set-up from the factory. then you can customize even further with the s-afc. stock boost is around 8-10psi. i'm going to be running around 12 daily and then around 15-16at the track...depends on the turbos effeciency.<P>honda killer...what hard spots do you know of on this swap?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
codene

Post by codene »

if i jusst get a reprogrammed ecu and i up the boost will the ecu be able to handle it?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

say stock boost is at 9...you might be ok to run 11....but at high rpm's you might start running lean. but then again, you might be ok, because jean-francois is running stock boost on stock mx ecu and he said he's running a bit rich. it all depends on your long term goals. the reprogrammed ecu is the best step if you plan on building up your motor.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
codene

Post by codene »

all right man thanks. i ll prob just get the reprogrammed ecu then. maybe a haltach or something eventually.
Devilman13

Post by Devilman13 »

Thankx for all your input guys: Im going to get the swap done within the year also. I just got done with a body-kit, new paintjob, shaved handles, pimp alarm and rims, so im a little spent at the moment. I hope it works out great!
>>
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well corksport finally got my tranny on friday so theyre shipping it on monday so itll be here this friday so only two to three more weeks and itll be all done. the only thing that sux is that im leaving friday for spring break and im takin my <BR>car :(. so itll have to wait till i get back on monday. well ill let you know when they do it so i can tell you of any problem spots. thanks for the help and anymore advice would be nice.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”