BPT swap on the way

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
natural born honda killer

BPT swap on the way

Post by natural born honda killer »

well everything is paid for and im just waiting for the tranny to get to corksport and then its all coming my way. it should be here by late this week but probly next week. cre8vmx3 if you have any problem spots then let me know but i think i took care of everything. the ecu problem is solved since its getting reprogrammed with the BPT fuel map. any info is gratefully accepted.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
texmx3

Re: BPT swap on the way

Post by texmx3 »

are planning on using a/c in the 1.8? who is doing the swap for you.what size turbo do you plan on running?or future upgrades
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

that's good to hear. looks like you're getting this done before me...you suck! :D i was supposed to do it first. i'm still looking for a shop, but i think i might have found one. if so, i'll have it done within the month. good luck and keep me posted.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

yeah im gonna keep the a/c but the only thing is is that my intercooler pipes will be a littl longer than i want them to but i have to have a/c in texas. its damn hot in the summer. i dont know were just gonna look at the front bumper and see what were gonna do. im using a stock eclipse intercooler for know until i decide to upgrade. im using the stock turbo i believe a vj-20 or vj-21. well im just going to get the engine back up to speed since its been sitting for so long. then ill be doing some mods. i havent decided on what im going to do as far as mods go so any ideas would be great and nothing like upgrade the turbo cause im broke after this swap. <P>well the shops name is syndicate motorsports. there going to do everything for 600.00 kinda pricey since everything just bolts right up but i havent done anything like this before and nobody has done this swap that i know of. mine will be done in about a month max. they just sent my tranny stuff to boise, idaho instead of corksport so itll be a few days longer. i dont know we might be doing ours at the same time the this looks like its going. :)
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
justin h

Post by justin h »

$600 is pretty good considering it cost about $400 to pull and replace the transmission. Where is Syndicate? I've heard of them. Anyways, I was planning on trying to do the BPT swap myself because I thought getting it dropped in would cost alot. But, I might reconsider now. Where exactly is Farmer's Branch?

its right by dallas. basically if you do it i would suggest doing it in dallas since by then you would have someone who has done the swap before. well 600.00 is for dropping in an engine, tranny, axles, ecu, rx-7 fuel pump, motor mounts and brackets, intercooler and pipes installed, plus boost gauge, etc..... you get what im sayin so i guess this is a pretty good price. you could probly hang out with me or something if you do it. he said it would take about a week to do it max. but i figure ill give them two weeks just in case unless they call me. if you want give me a call. 214 803 4845. what engine do you have now? i have the 1.6l DOHC. if you have that engine with the 3 or 4 wire tps then its easier. i believe its the 4 wire is easier. the 3 wire is a lot harder according to derrick at corksport. basically its very easy. everything just drops right in and bolts right up. your ecu can be reprogrammed by el prototype. which will be a lot easier to tune with. it gives it the BPT fuel map and so on. anyways im babblin so if you want just email me personally or call me. my aim screen name is chincmobile69 .?????
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

that's a damn good price considering that the book price for swapping out with another factory motor is 600. the rx7 fuel pump isn't a direct fit...it's too long for the stock bracket or something. talk to cjthor, he's already put one in his ride. at least you have people open to new ideas. the main performance shop here got scared it seems when i asked them about this swap. so i guess i'm still searching......<P>oh yeah, you're replacing all of your main seals right?? front crank, cam shafts, rear main, valve cover, disty o-ring(if you can find one)<p>[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

well the guy that works there has also put numerous klze engines into mx6's. so it probly wont be to hard. corksport is going to replace the rear main seal before they ship it. im going to replace all the belts including the timing belt. you should tell them that its not hard and that it all bolts right in. tell them all the good points about how easy it is. then slowly tell them about what makes it a little hard to do. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] just an idea. i hope you find a shop to do your shop.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
codene

Post by codene »

hey honda killer, what was the total ampount you payed for your swap? engine,tranny,shop charges, and all the extra good stuff. im on my way saving up for it to do this summer(im at $2000) and i figured ill need aroudn $4000. is that a godd estimate or will it be a little more?
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
justin h

Post by justin h »

They were saying Corksport will get everything for you for $2000, then add the $600 for installation. About $2,600 not counting the unexpected problems.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

well, not everything. the engine is 990 then shipping. for codene, it's going to be around 3-350. it's 312 to me here in jacksonville. then you have the clutch, 320, ecu about 270, seals and gaskets around 40. that's just the engine. then you have the tranny and flywheel and axles all for around 600. motor mounts(good ones) about 180 i think. then you need an i/c...100-400 depending on the quality you get. blow-off valve is recommended, about 150-200. i/c and exhaust piping depends on where you go and a muffler about 120-180 for a good one. then everything needs to be installed which will run diff amounts at diff places. these prices are just estimates. i'm not sure if i've left anything out.....hope this helps ya out.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
codene

Post by codene »

ive talked to a ocuple shops here and no one feels like doing the swap. i think theyre all afraid. if you find someone up there to do the swap tell me who and where cuz i drive up there every other weekend so it wouldnt be a problem for me to get it. so should i plan on $3000 then? i was thinking about buying the new AEM controller. if i did then i wouldn tneed the ecu or get it reprogrammed right?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if we're talking about the same thing, the aem isn't a full stand-alone comp. i thought they were only for hondas/acuras...i dunno. if you were to get something, i'd get a haltech, but these things are expensive and actually quite difficult to install on the mx, plus it has to be tuned...another expensive subject. yeah, i feel ya on the part about people being too scared to do it. i was talking to a friend of mine who's roomate's friend runs a shop that said would do it. once i get their number, i'll go check it out. the most i'm willing to pay is 8-900. i really want this done, but it's so simple to do. but yeah, once i find a place, they might cut a deal if you're serious about getting it done. when do you plan to have this done anyway?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

sorry ive been at work so it takes me a while to reply. heres the prices ive got so far and what ive spent.they gave me a 8% off everything except a few things.<P>BPT engine 990.00<P>flywheel,throw out <BR>bearing, tranny, <BR>motor mounts and <BR>brackets 700.00 = 666.00<BR>i got a good deal.<P>act street strip <BR>clutch 262.00 = 241.00<P>rx-7 fuel pump 117.00<P>ecu reprogramming 275.00<P>turbo XS type H BOV 138.00<P>boost gauge 45.00<P>shipping 200.00<P>install 600.00<P>intercooler stock <BR>eclipse 75.00<P>total= $3,347.00 roughly so 4000 will give you some extra money for some extra goodies or some really good engine maintinance. just be sure to save a little bit more then you think you will need then you should be fine. but just in case be sure to dish out even more money just as a safety precaution. its not as hard as everyone seems to make it sound but at the same time there are hard things about the swap. i think that if you can do an engine swap period then you could this one. just my 2 cents. sorry ill try to reply faster then i do now.<P>cant wait to not be the only one with this swap. then we could have a BPT club. ok now that i only have a few hours of sleep in me im babbling as i get ready to go to work in a little bit.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
codene

Post by codene »

im planning on miune for mid-summer. i have around 2500 saved now and i get another paycheck friday so i should be around 3000. maybe il just buy a blitz boost controller and apexi SAFC to take care of the electronics. yeah def tell me where and how much your gonna get it done for . thanx

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”