New Clutch?!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
The_Great_Tonge

New Clutch?!

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

I was looking into buying a Super Set Clutch Kit for my 4 clyn. I was wondering if anything has good things about it. Please get back to me ASAP!<BR>Thanks!
The_Great_Tonge

Re: New Clutch?!

BUMP
The_Great_Tonge

ANYONE?!?!?!
rapanui

Post by rapanui »

I just had mine replaced. I did not do it, the mechanic did. It is a stock product, and I am happy with the results, BUT, there is a "squeek" coming from the throw-out bearing and the arm that pushes it... Mechanic explained what I just described above, but it is driving me NUTS (the squeek noise), because it is present ALL the time. Specialy when at stand still. Although I notice that having my foot on the clutch, the noise goes away...???. Hope if you have yours replaced, don't get this anoying noise!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

are you gonna be doin big peformance stuff? im goin w/ an ACT stage 3 when i get the money(big project in the works). its only like 300 i think (stage 2 is 240) and it'll last forever pretty much.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
MX-TREME DREAM

Post by MX-TREME DREAM »

Yo! I bought the ACT stage 3 clutch form this place called COX IMPORT AUTO SALES. I have a 92' MX-3 w/ the 1.6L sohc 4cyl.5spd. I paid $378.00 w/ 2 day shipping. I bought it because I'm installing a BPT in the spring and I needed a clutch that would be interchangeable and strong enough for the BPT. Here are the part #'s& desc.<BR> Desc. Part #<P>90'-94 323 turbo xtreme Z33-XT00<BR>Alignment tool AT05<BR>Xtreme pressure plate MZ019X<BR>Pilot bearing PB1005<BR>Throw out bearing RB453<P>All of these items ran me $378. then I installed it myself, which I'm told would cost me @$300.-$400. USA. This clutch has been excellent perfomance wise. The toll free #1-800-470-6511.<BR>Good luck!!!<P> Mike C. mmmmmmgreat@webtv.net
CAMPBELL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”