My poor car...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 for Me

My poor car...

Post by MX-3 for Me »

I just bought a 92 mx-3 gs, and I was so stoked to get it. Until it gave me numerous problems. So i was wondering if anyone else had any of these problems...main one being my transmission went on it.<BR>6 months after i bought it! was not impressed, let me tell you. I have yet to get it back as the auto center has taken 3 weeks to fix it... 3 weeks! rediculous. I miss my car, and am so jealous of all your cars out there....that work! haha<BR>Anyways, im brand new to this so i thought i'd post a thought and perhaps get some feedback to see if anyone else has had transmission problems...and problems getting a mazda V6 transmission to put in it!<BR>Apparently it is rare because its imported?<BR> :confused:
SmokyMcGee

Re: My poor car...

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Don't feel bad.. I bought my car for $3000, within a month I paid $1800 to fix waterpump, gaskets, seals. All the tires had blisters on them, it was dented pretty bad, driver window wouldn't work, transmission was shot, clutch had to be replaced, needed new brakes. I had the car for about a year now. I spent about $15000 to get it where it is today.. and it still isn't perfect. It took me a while till I was done paying for things to be fixed, then I was able to add cosmetics. I drove around for about a month before I got my car painted. My car was originally teal.. I had a red driver door, and a white body kit..plus multiple bondo marks. I would take back streets home so no one would see my car and laugh. Its all worth it in the end. When your car come back all fixed..you'll love it more than ever. :D
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Thats bad, I got my MX-3 for $3000 also and it had new tires, new rims, a new engine, and tints. It runs perfectly, the only thing I've done to it is get the tires balanced because the rims and tires were so new. No dents on the body either.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
MX-3 for Me

Post by MX-3 for Me »

Wow, both spent $3000? I suppose mine kinda adds up to that in american money. maybe a tad more? So far my experience has been aweful. I just wanted a nice looking fast car to pump up with a nice stereo! But when i get it back im sure it will be all good. I have a question though, my head light covers are rather...well weather worn i guess. I was wondering where i can get some nice clean clear front light covers for it?<BR>Or, what can i use to make them a bit more...well, shiney or clean looking! :) <BR>What else did i want to ask you experts... oh nothing...but i wanted to add to the first replies embarassment of driving his car around and taking back streets... picture this...<BR>A white geo tracker, and silver duct tape stretched across the back.....now tell me who's embarassed to drive what around. hahaha<BR>Then i got my precidia :)
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

For a quick solution for your headlights, you can get this stuff call blue magic. They have some polishes and grime cleaners. It will work but will fade in time. Another things is this stuff. Its a kit that you use on your headlights. <A HREF="http://www.actionsalvage.com/newlight.asp" TARGET=_blank>NU-LITE</A>. Im gonna buy this kit sometime soon. I drive a 90 Geo Metro as my work car. Its fun as hell to drive. 3 cylinders of raw power haha. :D
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
avino

Post by avino »

3000 US ?? That's it?? I paid 9000 canadian for my MX. I have to admit it is in a superb condition, but u guys are lucky man. I shouldn't have ditched so much for my car !
macnwigs

Post by macnwigs »

I paid $3500/canadian for mine and it was in awesome shape and a V6, came with a spare set of winter tires...Only had to do rear struts, but that happens...
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
MattPPK007

Post by MattPPK007 »

wow you guys are all pretty lucky.. i just bought my MX-3 about 3 months ago, like 3 weeks after i bought it my auto tranny went, but i had a warranty so i got it fixed for 100 bucks :) then i need a cv axle, then my distributor went and left me stranded and i had to get the car towed like 50 miles so it was like 100 bucks plus 400 for the distributor... Plus i payed 6500 US for the car, it is in very good shape but still its a lot of money and i owe on it for 3 years so it better not have anymore problems!!!
93 GS Blaze Red

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”