Looking for a JDM KLZE engine

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
miguelitorosal18
antispam: No

Looking for a JDM KLZE engine

Post by miguelitorosal18 »

Hi...I've been trying to find a good JDM KLZE for last few weeks. My buddy bought an engine from Engine World Inc in Houston last month. Their website is http://www.bestjapaneseengines.com/ He recommends buying from them. Has anyone bought an engine from Engine World before ?
MX_Sid

Re: Looking for a JDM KLZE engine

Post by MX_Sid »

Honestly, if your buddy got his engine there, and his car is still running no problem, why wouldn't you? Sounds like a good place to me. Usually, businesses have a standard that must be met for all inventory they sell. If he got a good deal there, you probably will too. That's how businesses build their reputation and financial security :D . You could also check out their review online and see if anyone has had a bad experience there. Otherwise, If they have the engine in stock, BUY IT!!! There is certain risk involved in buying a used engine, but we all take it. My used BP came from the only pace it town that had one, and it ran for 6 months before I so much as swapped the timing belt (I would never suggest this to ANYONE!!). 6 yrs later, I'm about to change the piston rings in that very same engine.

(If you can rebuild before installing, PLEASE start a work log)
I HATE mechanic shops and LOVE junkyards!!
RX8SE3P

Re: Looking for a JDM KLZE engine

Post by RX8SE3P »

Regardless of ZE or DE; just use a strong little flashlight and look down the oil fill cap hole. If it's sludged, don't buy. If it's very light gold or silver, go for it!
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”