Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
marcdh

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT

Post by marcdh »

Good work! I'm liking the rx8 injectors so far :) I figured Mazda probably put some effort into desperately trying to make them slightly efficient.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

When I changed injectors I forgot how big an heavy the gtx ones were. I figured I am running a smaller turbo then the gtr so I am getting less cfm's, so I would get slightly smaller injectors to off set that. I don't know if that reasoning stupid but I wanted to keep everything at the same level ie:GTX ECU 360s vj20, GTR ecu 425s vj20, GTR ecu 460s vj23
Plus they my may have improved injectors in the last 20 years.
Also changed the location of my wideband gauge
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

woooo, 1000km!
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Evo_Spec wrote:woooo, 1000km!
Wow did u roll that over?
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Surgeonasst222 wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:woooo, 1000km!
Wow did u roll that over?
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988&start=210
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So got the car already for the car show on the 18th but had a lot of work than needed to be done to get it ready for the show. The list consisted of: repainted front bumper, replace leaking cam seals with Nissan ones, recover my cargo cover in pleather material, replace a leaking transmission seal and then a good wax an clean!!
Took this picture while I had the bumper an support off for painting.
Look I made a 29x9x3 intercooler disappear!! Muahaha
Finished clean and a wax! Also note to self don't wax your car at the hottest part of the day!
Looked awesome on show day!!
A big thanks to Mi|<e for all the last minute help to get my car ready for the show!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

man that paint looks great! Yeah i love the stealth intercooler. Fools many i bet
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Miguelitto

Post by Miguelitto »

Really nice paint job!
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So I have been alittle busy with the car lately trying to get a couple more rides in before the winter. After the car show on Aug 18th I decided to do a complete motor rebuild. This was due because my car was starting to burn oil and I didn't want it to get any worse. Plus my compression was low 130:120:145:140 when it should be 180(even at compression like that I was dead even with my buddies 06 STI haha). Once I pulled everything apart I found out why my compression was really low in cylinder 3, a broken top ring. So I told myself if I have to rebuild my bottom end I am not going to ever touch it again! Got some H-rods and new rings(thinking I could just get away with a hone so I could us the GTX 83mm pistons). Yeah that didn't happen! had to get new pistons and over bore the block. So I was in luck Mi|<e had a set of 84mm pistons and they were higher compression, so I would go from 8.6:1 GTX pistons to 9:1 pistons. So after getting it all back from the shop it all was coming together so I could get it driving for atleast a couple weeks before I had to put it away for the winter.
So I had it all rebuilt at ready to go, fired it up first turn after the rebuild and it ran great!!!! One massive problem..... transmission was shifting into gears but when I tried to let the clutch out in neutral to time the car it wont let me, the transmission was stuck in a gear. So I got to pull the transmission again and rebuild it again. pulled it everything looked fine and shifted fine out of the car, went and installed it again....... same f**ken thing!!!! Pulled it again and found 2 issues! The bearing collar for the 5th gear was just alittle worn and the syncro for the 5th gear was not all the way down. tried a couple other syncros and walla its not stuck in a gear! Put it all back in for a 3rd time and was able to drive it and break-in the engine. Just in time for me to part the car for winter!! Oh well but my biggest concern was getting those critical 100 kms or so with the straight 30 weight oil!! Car drove great wasn't able to boost it/ trying really hard not to(hehehe). I drove so much smoother and no burning oil smell!!
Looks so sparkly and metally!!!
The culprit!!
All balanced up perfectly!
All decked and bored to 84mm
Head rebuilding station!!
Valves are all nicely lapped!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

as always, nice work man.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Oh wow this is awesome stuff. I love it :love: :love:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So figured its about time I did an update on the status of the car now. I finished rebuilding the motor and got it all back together and had it dynoed in 2014 with 213whp and 215 torque.
The only real big thing I did last year was getting my Mfactory LSD which was the best modification any of us can do. I was able to get about 3000 kms on the car last year which is huge for me haha. In the 4 years I have owned it the odometer is sitting just under 6000 kms(I didn't drive it for the first 2 years cause I was building it).
Over the winter its getting a whole new setup I am getting rid of my GTX turbo set up and I was able to get a complete Mazda GTR which I am taking all the turbo goodies from and putting them in my car. With that being said I have gotten rid of the VSX body kit and I am returning the car to a stock look. This means I get to repaint the car which I look forward to doing myself in my garage. I am also getting a set of full lengths from a buddy of mine which will look awesome. With me removing the very restrictive rear bumper I can actually get a muffler back there so I will be redoing my exhaust. I am going alittle quieter because my goal now is full sleeper mode. I have found the perfect muffler for it and will have another muffler under the car. The rear muffler I have picked looks just like the RS single outlet muffler but its 2-1/2"
Hopefully I can get it all done before the summer season but if anything I will have all the turbo stuff done including the exhaust and leave the paint till later
I will try and keep it updated as I go but I just like most people have gotten bad for posting it on Facebook but not updating here.
zerialz

Post by zerialz »

Excellent update.... Can't wait to see the new stuff going in and on this car.
meandor3

Post by meandor3 »

nice job man
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Little update. Got the car running and she purrs like a lion because I am still waiting to get my exhaust done. But I will let the pictures do most of the talking.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”