kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
crazycanadian

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by crazycanadian »

Nice updates. What ksports are you running and is it still the stock rates they come with? What adjustment are you running for the shocks?
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

crazycanadian wrote:Nice updates. What ksports are you running and is it still the stock rates they come with? What adjustment are you running for the shocks?

Just the standard kontrol pro ones 99% of people buy and yeah I have the standard 7.5k front and 4k in the rear. Also right now I have both front and back all the way soft. Thats why the car is sitting so high now so I dont rub too much and damaged the car on these U.S. roads. I lower it a tad when I go stiffer if I was on a track or in a city with better highways.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

quote="kulluminati777"]
crazycanadian wrote:Nice updates. What ksports are you running and is it still the stock rates they come with? What adjustment are you running for the shocks?

Just the standard kontrol pro ones 99% of people buy and yeah I have the standard 7.5k front and 4k in the rear. Also right now I have both front and back all the way soft. Thats why the car is sitting so high now so I dont rub too much and damaged the car on these U.S. roads. I lower it a tad when I go stiffer if I was on a track or in a city with better highways.[/quote]

Your spring rates are actually pretty soft. They are good for spirited driving around town, or possibly track day stuff, but for quick weight transitions you need to go higher to get a better feel/response. I run 600's in the front and 400's in the rear on my K-sport GT pros. My shock settings are always changing though.

There is a lot that gets considered when you are doing suspension tuning and set up. Its amazing how small differences can make a big difference in handling. What you feel isn't so much a product of 1 piece you've installed but how its all working together. If you looked up the post about Mooneges and I meeting up at packwood for an autocross event you'd see what I am talking about.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So the CF wrapped hatch garnish experiment is no more. I cant get it to seal right with the original rubber so I wont be redoing it. But who needs to do crap like that when today I got my Carbon Fiber hatch in the mail and I love it. It is in rough shape though. Its been neglected (never mounted) its been abused ( a few spots that need fixin) and abandoned ( its been sold a few times) :lol: but its home now and I will be taking good care of it.

I will be mounting my mazdaspeed wing on it. I think it will hold but if it doesnt I may just mold the two as one piece. :shrug: So first ill have to re fiberglass the hatch a bit in spots and drill the holes needed to mount the wing. I dont think ill get lexan or anything like that right now. i think ill wait till I move and strip the car down for paint to get one.

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So i been repairing the hatch slowly and im almost done. I just have to buy some windshield sealing glue and a windshield removing tool and I will be ready to put the window on. I might just wait till an RS pops up at the scrap yard that way i have a nice clean no washer wiper window to put in. I just hope PnP doesnt rape me on the price of a window.

I just recently got some rust free rear hubs from a car and the PnP and coated them in some rustoleum. They were so gorgeous. Matter of fact everything about that car was beautiful. These cali cars are so rust free its crazy. I mean if you just pressure wash the under carriage a bit they would look fresh from the factory show room. I thought my car wasnt that rusty but compared to the ones out here mine looks like doo doo. So since I had new hubs to work with I installed my Pierce motorsport trailing arms and my rear MS sway bar thats has been sitting dormant in my closet. My whiteline one was sold to some guy in the netherlands. May he enjoy the more nimble handling lol. Anyway I didnt know I was going to have to drop the rear sub frame to get the old arms off so that was a shocker but its 4 bolts unlike the front that was a pain. I think besides the brake lines and the dash I have taken ooff and put back on or replaced everything on the car now. I am a little scared of how low the bar sits now. I been told it should be fine BUT i want to make some shorted endlinks just to be sure. I never feel comfortable with stuff that sits lower than my front crossmember. I already scrap that thing alot as it is.

AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

I can't wait to see that hatch on your car. I'm still bummed I didn't get it on my car.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
kulluminati777

Re: kulluminati777 - 1992 マツダスピード MX-3

Post by kulluminati777 »

AaronTietje wrote:I can't wait to see that hatch on your car. I'm still bummed I didn't get it on my car.

Yeah white and CF would of looked real dope on your car.

So i got the hatch 100% fixed up. I just have to take my mazdaspeed wing off the oem hatch and slap it and the window on the CF one. Lets hope it holds up...

In other news I have been working on replicating these bad boys. Mazdaspeed dials for the AZ-3/Presso!!!

I never noticed them before but they are in my MS parts catalogs I have at home. Some one on the FB page had a later magazine that actually had a pic of them and that brought them to my attention. They only were made for the 4CYL and there in KPH so that kinda sucks. If I was to ever find any (which I doubt it) they wouldnt be usable on my car. Thats one thing im about, using the stuff I buy ASAP. So I went on a hunt to get them replicated. Bogaut told me about adam and his work over at revlimiter.net so I contacted him. For a small fee he agreed to attempt to replicate the mazdaspeed dials. We ironed out all the details. I sent him a extra cluster I had and he got to work. I have the foundation of what they are going to look like and they look PHENOMENAL. I looked at photos of RX7 and MX5 MS dials and he captured every detail MS did.

They are of course in MPH and are sort of tailored to the V6 redline. They match the tach calibration spot on but i wanted the redlione to start at 6500 like the ms gauges. I mean i have driven the car long enough to know the KLZE redline lol. I will have more updates on these as soon as I get them from adam. So no more "custom" homemade MS gauges lol
Last edited by kulluminati777 on November 24th, 2014, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbunkerc397

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Where in the world did you get those rear adjuster arms? They are nice :mrgreen: I'd buy a set of those, are they aluminum?
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

http://www.piercemotorsport.com/servlet/Detail?no=20

From here. You just have to specify that they cut the arms to MX3 lengths. They are steel but still somehow lighter than the stock stamped steel. Would be cool if they were aluminum though. Then you would have to worry about corrosion at all.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I got my mazdaspeed replica gauges today and I LOVE them. I cant wait to put them in. It wont be until after i get done going through smog and putting my window into my CF hatch though. I also recently picked up a 626 tranny (lower final drive) and .717 5th gear from a member on clubprotege. Im going to be cruising at a lower rpm, saving gas and wear and tear on the motor. I will put my MS LSD and the fifth gear in when I get a chance then slap the tranny on. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

WesleyK

Post by WesleyK »

How will these look when illuminated? Love them :love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Just the numbers and lines glow red. I havent got them installed yet but here is what they will look like. (photo courtesy of adam at revlimiter.net)

Last edited by kulluminati777 on November 24th, 2014, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

A moment of silence. One of the "Greats" have fallen.

Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf »

What Happened?!?
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

much respect,

now dont let the wreckers take it in before you strip the goodness down for your next one.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”