Official Rant thread.

Off-Topic Discussions
chapstickaddict
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Official Rant thread.

Post by chapstickaddict »

See, that's awesome. Advance Auto is like that for me. They believe me and do an awesome job finding me discounts and coupons. It just took practically living there. Because of that, I haven't yet visited our brand-new Autozone. I feel like I'm cheating.
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Wow, I have only had an experience like that one time, in a wrecker. I think I'd flip if I had an experience like that, or my gf either since she work on the car too. I too like advanced auto, haven't had any bad time there.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
chapstickaddict

Post by chapstickaddict »

Update!

Got a voicemail from the CarQuest regional manager while at work. He apologized for my experience and asked me to call him back when it was convenient for me. My manager wanted to know what he had to say, so she excused me from the counter to call him back. The dude was very nice, and apologized profusely for how this "team mate" acted and that, "This is NOT the way we do customer service."

He also said, based on my description of the events, he knew "exactly who this team mate is." He asked me for more information on what he looked like, and his suspicions were confirmed. So methinks that this man has probably gotten some complaints in the past. The regional manager said a few times that he and the new store manager (apparently they have gotten a new guy recently) would definitely be "doing something about this" regarding the team mate.

I told Eric (regional manager) that I work retail myself and understand how customers can be and how draining retail can be, but I just felt very insulted by the entire experience. I also told him that I tend not to complain about small issues; and that I wasn't interested in screaming at anyone or demanding a bunch of free stuff/discounts. Pulling the retail card always seems to make people take you more seriously when you're complaining at a retail establishment, and the guy seemed to appreciate that I wasn't yelling or making demands. Because, honestly, I don't really care about getting stuff out of it; I just want to see that guy dealt with for being a suck.

He said over and over again that that kind of behavior wouldn't be tolerated, and that he was very sorry, etc etc. It was overall a nice chat and I got off the phone feeling like at least the dude would be reprimanded. If he isn't, you know, whatever. But I think that Eric was upset with how the guy was acting; especially since I wasn't acting like a customer who blows things out of proportion. He also said he really hoped that I wouldn't be afraid to go into the store again (well, duh, dude doesn't want to lose sales), and I responded that I didn't have much of a choice if I needed paint. He assured me that my complaint would be kept anonymous, and I told him that Tom (associate's name) would know exactly who I was and would probably subtly do everything he could to make any future visits uncomfortable. Eric assured me that there would be "absolutely no retaliation" from him in a sort of hard voice.

Sounds like Tom is in some crap. Oh well, don't be a jerk to people. Some people I know apparently know Tom and one of them Facebook messaged me with "lol leave Tom alone. He is my mom's best friend's dad and he is always an a**hole."
Nah, screw Tom. It takes a lot of rude from retail folk to make me mad, and he managed to do so. Perhaps he could try not being mega rude and then he wouldn't get complaints at work.
racycle

Post by racycle »

that is rough about the carquest situation but great about the phone call :D

My local autozone "was" great every time i went in there (every paycheck). Gein was the store manager. Most of my experience has been with my vw's rather than the mx-3 but he let me go into the back all the time when I needed to rig up some sort of line, I could call in for a part, have it ordered and shipped by only giving them "hey its arthur the vw guy". One time I lost a receipt and needed to exchange a belt. Rather than giving me a hard time and trying to sort it out, the belt i needed was the same price, so he just gave it to me and took the old one. He swapped the codes in the computer so it looked like I first bought the new one and told me "if this one dose not fit make sure you only get my help to change it". He even rung up one of my orders as 3 different orders so I got 3 points on my autozone card. He was pretty much why I went to autozone. Napa , advanced auto and O'rileys are all on the same block with pretty much the same prices.

I think he was replaced for god knows why but one of the floor clerks kept messing up,having a attitude and loosing parts within 10 minutes from pulling them out of receiving (odd). Last time i went in there i over herd one of the clerks saying he was "gone" and that they are looking to hire about 3 people. Ever sense than everyone has had a attitude with me, trying to sell me different parts from different model vws than what I asked for, not wanting to accept my card or let me spend my points and a bunch of other things that make me not want to go there.

Maybe im bias because I am use to having such good customer service but who knows, there is my 2cents.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Whats with internet sensorship, I've noticed that my posts, not only here, but other sites are being replaced with^*@%)$*^#)*&^ and I hate it. Any thoughts?
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...