Help New Check Engine Code

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Help New Check Engine Code

Post by posey92 »

04 'NE1' camshaft/crankshaft position sensor...what is this and where is the sensor so I can replace it...and it seems to run fine so how damaging is it to run with out fixing it...I drive 25+miles a day one way to work so need to know if I have to walk or take a day off...
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: Help New Check Engine Code

Post by SuperK »

camshaft position sensor is part of the distributor. Replace distributor to clear the code.

if it's the crankshaft position sensor, there's a sensor next to the crankshaft pulley bolted to the oil pump. You'll see a wire running down the alternator tensioner bracket next to the crankshaft pulley. it's held on by a 10mm bolt.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Post by mx3_ryder »

You should really test both sensors for resistance with an ohms meter to find which one is the culprit before dumping a butt load of money on a new distributor. If you don't have a tester, get your values from the online manual and go see a mechanics shop to test the sensors for little or no cost and replace yourself.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-47452.html

There's plenty of info there on that link, it has some of the most useful info I've come across regarding codes. You could have a bad igniter causing it.

I'd clean and reconnect the big disty connecter. Then I'd even remove the crankshaft sensor near the bottom of the dipstick and clean that out too as it often gets crud stuck to it and is magnetic. Then reset ECU and check codes to see what comes up.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by posey92 »

Well I have the ditsy mod for the external coil...I had an msd blaster..then I got ahold of an old jacobs electronics ultra coil...figured id try it out...couldnt find any info on the code so I didnt think it was the coil....prolly just an old one ill just put the msd bak on and ill be fine:)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”