Studs

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
K-money
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Studs

Post by K-money »

Hey every one I have a question I royalty fucked up yesterday and forgot to torque my lugg nutts after changing my axle as a result my tire came off and it sheared one of the ends on one of the studs my question is can the studs be replaced or will I have to find a new hub.
Weistal67
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Studs

Post by Weistal67 »

Technically, it is possible to press out the old one and press in a replacement. However I'd recommend doing the whole hub assembly if it's within your budget.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Oh man that's the stupidist thng I've ever heard of. Bet no one here has ever done any thing as stupid as that. :wink: If the hub looks fine swap out the stud and you should be fine however, check the other studs as they're probably knackered as well.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

+1.
I had a broken stud and the replacement took about 5 minutes
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Given the situation, I would replace the entire hub, as well as the wheel-bearing. Check the bore of the spindle(carrier) as well, just to be safe...

If everything seems to check out, with no odd movement or vertical/horizontal play, you can buy studs for cheap on RockAuto. I have a few dozen old studs(pressed in extended studs), but it would cost about the same to buy new as it would to ship mine out.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”