Would Anyone Be Interested In Mazda SPEED Replica::Pic Added

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Would Anyone Be Interested In Mazda SPEED Replica

Post by posey92 »

K well when I get home tonight ill post a pic of it I have on my phone
posey92

Re: Would Anyone Be Interested In Mazda SPEED Replica

Post by posey92 »

Sleeper6

Re: Would Anyone Be Interested In Mazda SPEED Replica::Pic A

Post by Sleeper6 »

Not really a MS bumper you have there, more of the drift style. That being said I still like it
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

yeah that's def. not the MS replica bumper.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

it might not be a Mazdaspeed front but it could be a Mazda SPEED front maybe? :lol:

Heres is what the MS front looks like. the replicas are slightly off but the average joe couldnt tell.

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Well that sux lol...o well I do like it better than stock tho...also I cabt see the difference between the pic and this bumper o well...
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

You dont see the difference?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Im offended lol Is your screen on? Everyone has there own opinions about what looks better and what doesnt. I hate the stock bumper. But some hate the mazdaspeed front. Take a good look at your bumper than look at these

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Well upon closer inspectuon I guess I can kinda see a difference lol but it doesnt jump right out at me like it does u guys.. but hey im with u hate the stock bumper....also hate every aftermarket hood ive seen. I got one in the works right now just waiting on a day off to put it all together...at least my hood will be one of a kind:)
MX_Sid

Post by MX_Sid »

The difference is where the fog lights would mount, the mazdaspeed bumper has a bigger "mouth"(?) to catch air. With the bigger side openings it will be harder to find the fog light trim/fill, The support for the front air dam is also straighter, doesn't follow the vehicles natural lines as well. And the edges look more like front-end spoiler.... Or at least that's the difference I noticed. Although I think I like the idea of increased down force :)

Now, let's hear about this hood you were talking about.... :D I too have been considering customizing my hood, don't forget to consider where moisture could interfere with engine operation. I thought about a vent on the front driver side to bring cooler air between the exhaust and air filter, but don't want rain splattering on my disty :( . Also, dealing with future corrosion issues from repeated exposure to precipitation. I may just be over thinking it. If you have a way to allow only fresh air into the engine compartment, and keep moisture out, I would love to see your designs.

Getting back to the bumper, how did your install go? Give us a write up? :)
I HATE mechanic shops and LOVE junkyards!!
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Havent installed yet ive been really busy im going to pick it up this week from my friends place along with a bunch of other goodies frome his old mx. Clear side markers and such. As far as the hood is concerned thd vent will be directly above the front exhaust mani...and as far as moisture and such talk to an evo guy there vent is pretty big and as long as the gasket for ut ditsy isnt old youd be fine...I have a siebon evo viii hood I made fit on my 94 mirage. Drove round on plenty of rainy days but if ur really that worried I know some guys who made little pieces that they could attach on the inside to block it all off...pics of the hood will be posted as soon as its on and painted prolly next day I actually have off.
MX_Sid

Post by MX_Sid »

Sealing it off would defeat the purpose of the vents :( .... If he had a moisture catching system that allowed air to pass thru, it would be nice :D but unlikely huh? Anyways, GOOD LUCK with the install and let me know whenever you got a price tag for the second one :) .
I HATE mechanic shops and LOVE junkyards!!

Return to “Appearance”