Radiator hoses

Post by MazdaRider »

Is their any replacement hosese for the v6
Or are all the performane hoses universal
icajewler
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Radiator hoses

Post by icajewler »

I am about to get measurements of all the cooling system hoses and make a list of Samco hoses for replacement =] Not making any promises for how soon I will do this (super busy with career) but, it should happen sometime next month. Here's the link to the universal straight hoses I will be sourcing from http://www.samcosport.com/usa/rp_straight_hoses.asp
93 MX3 SE (klze conversion in progress)
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
92 MX3 GS sold :( missed!
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

cool idea wouldnt mind hoses that last a tad bit longer on a stock application :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

I just ordered the all aluminum radiator from silla an should be here in a week so its be best to do it some time soon
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

last time I got mine they had to get the lower through the dealer, the upper is a straight hose just about so Im sure you could get a samco from another application that would fit.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

Theirs a klez set up for a probe would that work :shrug:
icajewler

Post by icajewler »

I'm currently on my way to DC and won't be back till Thursday. I should be able to get measurements then. Unless someone else can give me a list of the stock hoses with inner diameter and wall thickness measurements and I can compile a list from my phone.
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!
icajewler

Post by icajewler »

The hoses in blue are the ones I took measurements of. Wasn't exactly the easiest thing to get numbers for, but not the hardest either. I am going to do all of the hoses under the IM when I pull the engine out. I wrote the measurements for each hose in case you want to find a different vendor to source other hoses (cheaper ones hopefully. Samco is expensive!) But for simplicity, I put the straight and XtraFlex part numbers from Samco. If I forgot anything let me know!

Happy Tuning! -icajewler

03 Elantra GLS (DD)
Rangers Lead The Way!
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

Price isn't a factor what ever I want I get :D
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

Hi ICA......These hoses must already exist in the SAMCO catalogue.

I have the SAMCO hoses in blue, in the fitments as numbered #4 and #5 in your post image fitted to my Eunos Presso (MX-3).

They were fitted to a JDM Mazda Lantis (2.0LV6) which I picked up second hand.

Chris
icajewler wrote:The hoses in blue are the ones I took measurements of. Wasn't exactly the easiest thing to get numbers for, but not the hardest either. I am going to do all of the hoses under the IM when I pull the engine out. I wrote the measurements for each hose in case you want to find a different vendor to source other hoses (cheaper ones hopefully. Samco is expensive!) But for simplicity, I put the straight and XtraFlex part numbers from Samco. If I forgot anything let me know!

Happy Tuning! -icajewler

Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
icajewler

Post by icajewler »

projectB10 wrote:Hi ICA......These hoses must already exist in the SAMCO catalogue.

I have the SAMCO hoses in blue, in the fitments as numbered #4 and #5 in your post image fitted to my Eunos Presso (MX-3).

They were fitted to a JDM Mazda Lantis (2.0LV6) which I picked up second hand.

Chris
I will try to find them! :) Thanks for the input!
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
Rangers Lead The Way!
icajewler

Post by icajewler »

I found out by emailing them that kit number tcs395c contains three hoses and the two big ones are a direct fit. I think its numbers 4 & 5. Maybe 3 & 4. Anyway, its for a 2008 gtr. Here's the link http://www.samcosport.com/usa/car_kits.asp?make=Nissan its like 16th down the list or so.
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
Rangers Lead The Way!
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

Theirs three hoses in the kit 2 of them for sure are from the block to the radiator can the other one be split for the side tank hanging off the radiator

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”