Is the KLZE Really Worth The Money

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jforce
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Is the KLZE Really Worth The Money

Post by Jforce »

It's actually never stated what a KLZE actually is by mazda, or is it?

Anyway, Im currently running 10:1 Pistons + "DE" heads + KLG4 manifold. And I did bought some KL31 cams a while ago but they still need to go in. But think im going to dyno first with the KL-01's :)
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Jforce wrote:It's actually never stated what a KLZE actually is by mazda, or is it?

Anyway, Im currently running 10:1 Pistons + "DE" heads + KLG4 manifold. And I did bought some KL31 cams a while ago but they still need to go in. But think im going to dyno first with the KL-01's :)
Well that sounds like a good engine since the KL01 heads shouldn't drop valves and therefore you can put any cams in them :P

If you do dyno, I'd love to see before and after results.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

I like to play devils advocate.... Skip the KLDE/ZE.... straight up KLG4... No ticky ticky HLA,s No crappy Dizzy to worry about.. Hardest part is getting the right factory ECU... you have full OBD2 data logging capabilities.. Smoother running motor, easier to diagnose... OEM sensors/ford based EDIS set up which is compatable with most stand alone systems.. No coolant controled IAC valve to mess with.. No TPS adjustment to mess with...
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by posey92 »

Ok im all about being different. So can anyone expand on the KLG4 what vehicles it is in and specs. And since I havnt seen much mention of this engine...any major difficulties in this swap.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

crazycanadian wrote:I like to play devils advocate.... Skip the KLDE/ZE.... straight up KLG4... No ticky ticky HLA,s No crappy Dizzy to worry about.. Hardest part is getting the right factory ECU... you have full OBD2 data logging capabilities.. Smoother running motor, easier to diagnose... OEM sensors/ford based EDIS set up which is compatable with most stand alone systems.. No coolant controled IAC valve to mess with.. No TPS adjustment to mess with...
I read on probetalk that the solid lifters require shimming etc over time which to me kills the dream completely. :lol:
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

posey92 wrote:Ok im all about being different. So can anyone expand on the KLG4 what vehicles it is in and specs. And since I havnt seen much mention of this engine...any major difficulties in this swap.
The KLG4 comes from a 98 - 2002 mazda 626 only... It can be hard to come by...

I have a build thread on here with info on my KLG4 swapped 323... My main one is over on probe talk though, it might have more details... You wont find many details on doing the swap with an OEM KLG4 ecu and wiring harness.. I think I am the only person to document a complete and running swap.. The hard part about it is getting the right ecu... Finding an ecu with out factory anti theft can be challenging..

The KLG4 has solid lash adjusters, all other KL's had Hydrolic ones that could be problematic at times.. The KLG4 also has a slightly lighter crank shaft, different intake manifold, throttle body.. The oem system uses a waste spark coil pack set up, rather then a distributor..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”