KL47 Millenia intake manifold on DE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
atx_mx3

KL47 Millenia intake manifold on DE

Post by atx_mx3 »

Did a quick search and couldn't find all the answers....What am I getting myself into?

My k8 manifold can't be helping me any on the DE and the VRIS vacuum actuators and solenoids are all jacked up and non-operational.

I was able to score a KL47 manifold, without injectors, EGR and TB for $40. I would like to use it, but I want to make sure I'm not going to cause more problems than I fix.

What do I do about the EGR?? Use the K8 TB? What intake gasekts should I use?
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: KL47 Millenia intake manifold on DE

Post by Sleeper6 »

So do you have a KL47 ZE throttle body bolted to a curved neck Millenia manifold or are you trying to fit a Straight neck ZE manifold to your car? You can use a DE IM or even a KLG4 if your concerned about using the egr and just swap over the KL47 ZE throttle body and that way atleast your intake ports will match not like the square ZE or millenia one.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Sleeper6 wrote:So do you have a KL47 ZE throttle body bolted to a curved neck Millenia manifold or are you trying to fit a Straight neck ZE manifold to your car? You can use a DE IM or even a KLG4 if your concerned about using the egr and just swap over the KL47 ZE throttle body and that way atleast your intake ports will match not like the square ZE or millenia one.
I have a Millenia KL47 curved neck manifold WITHOUT the TB and EGR.
Can I use the K8 throttle body on the KL47 manifold?

***After looking at pictures from my swap, the DE EGR seems to be on the head, SO i assume I can just block the KL47 EGR locations and be done with that.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Post by mx3_ryder »

I ran a K8 throttle body on my millenia curve neck mani for awhile with no problems.
I suggest getting a KL47 throttle body asap though as you will be down on power.
I think there's 5+ mm difference in bore size. I noticed a big jump in power when switching over... :)
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

mx3_ryder wrote:I ran a K8 throttle body on my millenia curve neck mani for awhile with no problems.
I suggest getting a KL47 throttle body asap though as you will be down on power.
I think there's 5+ mm difference in bore size. I noticed a big jump in power when switching over... :)
Looks like ill be going to the junkyard this weekend to get one. Does the K8 throttle cable still work with the curve neck and kl47 TB?

mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

yes, you will just have to modify/bend cable bracket alittle.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

atx_mx3 wrote:
mx3_ryder wrote:I ran a K8 throttle body on my millenia curve neck mani for awhile with no problems.
Looks like ill be going to the junkyard this weekend to get one. Does the K8 throttle cable still work with the curve neck and kl47 TB?
Unless your going to a Junkyard in japan, good luck. The KL47 code coresponds to the JDM KLZE motor, not the KL01 that you will find on probes/626 although they would be better than the k801 throttlebody from your K8. Hence why I asked you before what style intake manifold you had as I have never seen a millenia intake manifold stamped KL47, those #'s are stricktly for the throttle body stamps. Although Ild love to be proven wrong and gain a lil' extra knowledge :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

millenia throttle bodies are stamped KL47
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

mx3_ryder wrote:millenia throttle bodies are stamped KL47
Ah my apologies then I stand corrected, are the Intakes actually stamped that way as well then?
93 GS red (wrecked)
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Sleeper6 wrote:
mx3_ryder wrote:millenia throttle bodies are stamped KL47
Ah my apologies then I stand corrected, are the Intakes actually stamped that way as well then?
No, millenia curve intake manifolds are not stamped KL47
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Thanks for the input guys. I'm in the process of building a block-off plate for the manifold. Once that is done and the manifold is cleaned up, I'll be installing it.

EDIT- What should I do about the EGR pipe? Anyone happen to know the thread pitch and size of the hole? :)

mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

At one time I knew the size. :lol:
I used the threaded plug end of the egr tube that came with my headers and welded a cap on the end. Works perfectly for blocking off the port in the exhaust manifold.
I have another plug left over if interested I could weld it up for ya?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”