Oem V6 ignition curve/ map..does anyone have it?....

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
Yoeddynz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Oem V6 ignition curve/ map..does anyone have it?....

Post by Yoeddynz »

Hello there,

Both my wife and I have really gotten into this tuning thing and its really fun. So much better than mucking about with carburettor needles, springs etc.
We have started to get into the ignition tuning after having got our heads around the fuel side of things.

I am now not sure if we have retarded my ignition map to far. The car has certainly lost its 'Pep'- that really quick off the mark acceleration it had when the table in place (original one that came with the extra code) . We have been re-tuning the ve table to suit new ignition table in you're wondering.

It is easier to drive around town but I think I need to advance it back a bit. I have had a good look through the MS tables thread but most on there are not N/A and the tables are all different with some seeming very odd indeed.

What I would love to find is the original Mazda/ford stock ignition map. I would love to know what the maximum advance was and at what revs did it hit full advance. This would be really interesting information but having searched I cant find anything. Someone must have it somewhere? Currently running a KF right now.

I think I may also end up losing some economy with my new map.

This is my old map..

Here's the new map..

Cheers all,

Alex
wytbishop

Re: Oem V6 ignition curve/ map..does anyone have it?....

Post by wytbishop »

There have been a couple of guys in the "KL" community who have been in the business of flashing new EEPROM's for our stock ECUs but I don't think either of them are still responding to requests from car owners anymore.

Do a search here, or on Probetalk or clubprotege for Stoker100 and/or Probinator. Either of those two guys woud have the information you're looking for if you can find them.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Here's stokers E mail, good luck. stoker100@hotmail.com
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Yoeddynz

Post by Yoeddynz »

Cool. Thanks for that. I have just sent hin an email :)
spada

Post by spada »

I have the BIN files from Stoker from an email I got from him back in 2006.
Both ZE and american spec PGT.

Do you want me to host them? Maybe you'll be able to get information from them, maybe you won't.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

spada wrote:I have the BIN files from Stoker from an email I got from him back in 2006.
Both ZE and american spec PGT.

Do you want me to host them? Maybe you'll be able to get information from them, maybe you won't.
yes please!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

The problem with the OE bin files is that its all written in hexidecimal. You can see patterns of where the maps are located in the bin file, but its not like it's written out like in any sort of high level language, you can't just translate the bin into a MAP you'd see in tuning software, and you won't be able to determine what the spark advance values are.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
spada

Post by spada »

Ryan is right. I've tried to deciper the tables in the bin files and they really don't make any sense. Even when it comes to the relation of the timing values across the table, it still doesn't make sense. There must be a lot of other calculations that go into it, and the tables shown are maybe limp mode only. I'll host them anyways, but don't expect to get much out of it.
I have no problem sharing my timing table that I used for many years with my Probe GT
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Sorry I only just saw this; better to reply late than never!

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread. ... 1924146229

Stoker100 and I figured it out using a dial back timing light. I'm currently mucking around with advancing timing on my stock ECU via an Eprom tuner. Definitely can say that the stock ignition timing is pretty safe and can be improved a fair bit.

Most people say that 27-29 degrees at WOT is the sweet spot from around 3K to redline. I am yet to test this with a dyno myself though. Looking at your map, the first table was too advanced at WOT, and new table too retarded at cruise speeds.

You can see that the advance on the stock ECU at lean cruise is much higher than both of your tables. That would be the general loss of pep IMO.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”