broken coolant filler neck. *FOUND ONE*

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Re: broken coolant filler neck. *FOUND ONE*

Post by mx3_ryder »

Use an impact and it should came right off, thats what I used. Also, you don't need a puller to get the pulley off. You may need to put a pry bar behind the pulley to pop it off, but just be careful doing this as you don't want to damage it.
davmac

Post by davmac »

You should start your own thread. Now that I feel better for saying that I can tell you that the starter trick works every time. If it doesn't it won't hurt anything.
For removing the crank pulley you must use a puller. You can rent them from a tool rental place or auto parts store.. It uses two bolts that screw into the crank pulley the center bolt pushes against shaft. This type of puller is sometimes called a steering wheel puller.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Honestly dude I'd recommend just borrowing an impact gun and zipping the crank bolt out, if you're worried about damaging something just using an impact will be easier and less risky.
davmac wrote:You should start your own thread. Now that I feel better for saying that I can tell you that the starter trick works every time. If it doesn't it won't hurt anything.
For removing the crank pulley you must use a puller. You can rent them from a tool rental place or auto parts store.. It uses two bolts that screw into the crank pulley the center bolt pushes against shaft. This type of puller is sometimes called a steering wheel puller.
I'm a four cylinder boy so I may be wrong but can't you just zip those off with an impact instead?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”