corksport headers-no ac(modified ac to fit?)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

corksport headers-no ac(modified ac to fit?)

Post by wednesdayslatest »

okay so my ac system was never working and i took it out thats besides the point....

im going to put in some corksport headers and theyre the only ones that i can put to my b6

for me to install it i need to remove the ac condenser (which i have no problem)

really what im wondering is if there is a modified ac that i can stick in there to have ac

i already know an electric one is out of the question but what about a smaller modified one? (mines junk anyways)

if there was one or someone was able to make one or mod another one to fit on my car please give me whatever info i need (if i can put ac back in i really want to its sooooo hot)
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: corksport headers-no ac(modified ac to fit?)

Post by mitmaks »

Maybe if you could a machinist to machine bracket to relocate your stock A/C pump out of the way. Easier way would be to run header that will clear A/C pump.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Have you tried actually putting on the headers? Might just be that you'll clear them and it might be that there is only a bit that's needed to be machined.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

smaller ac compressor wouldnt work as the one you have on there is engineered for the rest of the system (condenser, expansion valve, dryer, etc.)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wednesdayslatest

well i have yet to put it in BUT even corksport said that id need to remove the ac. i checked it out it really seems like it moved the position of the pipes going to the center more towards the center, but the 4 to 1 pipes spread and thats where it will be in the same location as the AC.

well i plan on doing the exhaust next once i get money (still ordering a few t305 pipes) so i wont know for sure until im ready to put it on (the ac pump is still there so it will be easy to tell)

well are there any other performance headers for the sohc 1.6L?

the only one i could find was 450 from corksport its still wrapped up in my closet

i wouldnt mind selling them for another set that would work but i fear thats just not possible (but seeing as i never had ac i was just going to do it)

ahh i might as well stop thinking about something that can never happen (just wish they had more of an option for headers)
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Look around for the 323. You may find something if you post on Club Protege. Apart from making your own I think that is about all you will find. :/
wednesdayslatest

Josh wrote:Look around for the 323. You may find something if you post on Club Protege. Apart from making your own I think that is about all you will find. :/

they have performance headers that will fit my car? even with minor modification thats fine as long as out downpipe outlet is 2.25
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

2.25 is rather large for a 1.6L. Any 323 1.6L SOHC header should fit.
wednesdayslatest

yeah i have 2 inch on the civic with straight pipe no cat maybe a res idk i dont think so tho. its a 97 and doesnt set off any check engine codes but the only headers performance thats made is 2.25, oh well tho im going to have to do it i already spent the money on the headers and cat and res and got one of the straight pipes already t305. thanks tho, i just wanna see how this is gonna work out first i can always change it later if anything and sell it slightly used

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”