Wiring a 110A alternator in, on KL, w/ no harness.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
tehbrookzorz

Wiring a 110A alternator in, on KL, w/ no harness.

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm putting in a 110A Millenia alternator, and have read through the instructions here: http://home.comcast.net/~elves1/tunes.html

In this case, "the Red wire is the L or Lamp wire.. The Green wire is the IG or Switched +12v wire and the Black wire is the Signal wire."

I don't think the ECU addresses electrical load as that is what the regulator is for.

Here is the charging system diagram for a "93 626. I forgot to find the one for the Millenia alt with the three-wire plug.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...gsystem626.gif

Can someone specify where L, S and IG are meant to go?

Also, I don't have the stock warning light. Can I just wire in a light and tape it to the dash if need be? (Ugly, not permanent, but I just need to make it work.)
Cody
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: Wiring a 110A alternator in, on KL, w/ no harness.

Post by wednesdayslatest »

im not sure exactly what your trying to say but ive done this mod personally

it was very clear in the instructions with the plug (i ordered a plug for the alternator) i just tied the correct two wires together as explained in the guide and i took the last wire and ran it to the positive of my cigarette lighter as he said in the guide

mine works fine, other then the fact i need a new disty because it couldnt keep up i guess
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”