LED speedo

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
racycle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

LED speedo

Post by racycle »

Found this speedo on hack-a-day. I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted anything like it for the mx3

http://hackaday.com/2010/11/08/swapping ... more-30343

Looks like a really nice idea but I worry that his stepper motor would burn up fairly quick.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: LED speedo

Post by wednesdayslatest »

personally when it comes to the cluster id take out the regular bulbs in the back and replace them with some blue LED bulbs it will look nice but i just have the cheap thing you stick inside the cluster that lights up on its own since my cluster doesnt light up right now
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

wednesdayslatest wrote:personally when it comes to the cluster id take out the regular bulbs in the back and replace them with some blue LED bulbs it will look nice but i just have the cheap thing you stick inside the cluster that lights up on its own since my cluster doesnt light up right now
WTF are you talking about???? Hey Zeus man learn to talk English.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Daninski wrote:
wednesdayslatest wrote:personally when it comes to the cluster id take out the regular bulbs in the back and replace them with some blue LED bulbs it will look nice but i just have the cheap thing you stick inside the cluster that lights up on its own since my cluster doesnt light up right now
WTF are you talking about???? Hey Zeus man learn to talk English.
Lol, it just needs punctuation.

For Example. (might not be proper, but legible)
wednesdayslatest wrote:personally when it comes to the cluster, id take out the regular bulbs in the back and replace them with some blue LED bulbs. it will look nice but i just have the cheap thing you stick inside the cluster that lights up on its own, since my cluster doesnt light up right now
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Post by wednesdayslatest »

oh man you guys got a huge issue with grammar smh
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

A majority of the posts I've seen you reply to have had nothing to do with the actual questions asked.

racycle asked a question about an electronic/needle-less speedometer and whether someone had done it on an MX-3. To which you replied some general nonsense about swapping lighbulbs out.

racycle, I haven't seen anyone do this on their cars yet, and the voltage on the stepper motor shouldn't be enough to burn it out. And swapping it if it does burn out, shouldn't be hard anyway :wink:

I always thought it would be fun to try and wire the old 323 digital dash in.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/ ... G_1542.jpg
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”