kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's Two week challenge......

Post by kulluminati777 »

I havnet really noticed if its when the brakes are applied or not. I did notice that it happens if i turned the air in the car on past 2. If i turn it off it stops surging. But the car is already idling high. 1500rpm is when it will surge i was told and the load of the fan gets it to that RPM...
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I think I'm finally catching up here, you v6 boys are confusing me with your talk of fans and feeler gauges hahah.

This is some IAC bulls--- then? Personally I'd just through parts at it but thats stupid hahahha.

Have you taken it into the shop yet?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

no not yet, i was going to call josh this weekend and try the DIY method one more time but i got busy doing other things. :crying: :crying:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote:no not yet, i was going to call josh this weekend and try the DIY method one more time but i got busy doing other things. :crying: :crying:
Do it dude! Josh knows his s---, I'm sure he can help you set it straight!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

kulluminati777 wrote:no not yet, i was going to call josh this weekend and try the DIY method one more time but i got busy doing other things. :crying: :crying:
Just pay for him to come down or take him to get some eats.... That sounds better...
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Surgeonasst222 wrote:
Just pay for him to come down or take him to get some eats.... That sounds better...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

its a loooong drive from washington to california. I know because I just did it to do the KLZE swap lol
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

I know that :)

But if you want it fixed and fixed right a full day with josh should do it :)

Hopefully...

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Surgeonasst222 wrote:I know that :)

But if you want it fixed and fixed right a full day with josh should do it :)

Hopefully...

AH ok

Soooooooo

Im not sure if I fixed my problem BUT i did put a band aid on it......

I went to the pick and pull around the corner and got ANOTHER KL47 throttle body off a millenia. I also discovered the kl01 DE IAC valves are a little different. because i was first going to take a MX6´s IAC.....Didnt know that till now. I think its very weird how much difference there is between the K series engines but yet they are the same. What mazda should of done was just made 1 K series and detune it through the ECU for this application and have the ECU reach its full potential for that application. The different manifolds and all this other jazz im sure cost them LOST of cash in R & D....

Any way I got a new TB because i couldnt get the IAC off and only paid 50 bucks this time. The last guy charge me 90 because he recognized it had a TPS and IAC still on it.....D-bag he better hope i never catch him in a dark alley.....just kidding :lol: :lol:

Swapped TB´s and the idle was HIGH but not surging. Around 1500ish. So all I did was mess with the throttle linkage a bit and got the idle at 650ish rpms at idle.......Is my issue gone? Who knows. I bet if I would have fiddled with the linkage on the other TB it would be the same. So i didnt throw the TB away as it still may be good.........
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ouch... You're throwing money at the problem man, you could seriously SOLVE the issue with 20 minutes of fiddling and diagnostics.

If you would feel more comfortable with an extra set of hands, I'm only in Eugene... It's not California, but it's sure as hell closer than Washington.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Ouch... You're throwing money at the problem man, you could seriously SOLVE the issue with 20 minutes of fiddling and diagnostics.

If you would feel more comfortable with an extra set of hands, I'm only in Eugene... It's not California, but it's sure as hell closer than Washington.
There take him up on that :)

Btw if he comes down or if you go up, have him ship my dam mats ;)

mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

The linkage would cause high idle but not the surging. Drive it for awhile and see if your problem is gone. :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

surging idle is totally normal for both my ZEs (depending on weather)... use the rear defrost to manage it. :freak:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Mooneggs wrote:surging idle is totally normal for both my ZEs (depending on weather)... use the rear defrost to manage it. :freak:
This....I like this...
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

It is all in the throttle body. I cannot stand the bouncing idle. I drove around the car with it for like 10 months, bouncing 500 rmp, erratic idling at like 1200 rpm. It is annoying as all heck, quite literally took less than 20 min like Blake said. It is easy. The Idle needs to be reset in Diag mode. Once it is then BLAM it's done. I was really pissed at myself for not doing it sooner. It takes a paperclip, and a flat blade screwdriver. But might want to check all the positioning's on the TB to make sure. Once your base idle is set, then adjust the TPS.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Hey guys !! Adjusting your idle and TPS doesn't fix a broken IAC valve. :lol:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”