Mx3 v6 1.8 info

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Mx3 v6 1.8 info

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mikeetown wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Ya, what do you mean by regulator?
I've put one on a 88 chevy K pickup, 1987 toyota corolla GTS, 1991 nissan 240z witha 2.0 I6 turbo for myself in the past. In high school, my mechanics teacher said people always overlook this 100$ upgrade but it really helps with the power band and steadys the fuel injection.

I havn't done this to my KLDE yet. But, I'm gonna get a KLG4 intake and install a regulator now. When I do, i'll doa thread on it. It will be my first real thread on here ever where i post something meaningful haha
I've never really seen anyone use adjustable or upgraded fuel pressure regulators. Most had to upgrade cause they blew out their OEM's with the High Pressure Walbro 255, but my Low Pressure version ran on the OEM FPR for the entire swap, as would more people. Typically an AFPR is needed to compensate for boosted cars to pump out more fuel on the OEM injectors
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mikeetown
antispam: No

Post by mikeetown »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
mikeetown wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Ya, what do you mean by regulator?
I've put one on a 88 chevy K pickup, 1987 toyota corolla GTS, 1991 nissan 240z witha 2.0 I6 turbo for myself in the past. In high school, my mechanics teacher said people always overlook this 100$ upgrade but it really helps with the power band and steadys the fuel injection.

I havn't done this to my KLDE yet. But, I'm gonna get a KLG4 intake and install a regulator now. When I do, i'll doa thread on it. It will be my first real thread on here ever where i post something meaningful haha
I've never really seen anyone use adjustable or upgraded fuel pressure regulators. Most had to upgrade cause they blew out their OEM's with the High Pressure Walbro 255, but my Low Pressure version ran on the OEM FPR for the entire swap, as would more people. Typically an AFPR is needed to compensate for boosted cars to pump out more fuel on the OEM injectors
:) :shrug: :wink:
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
davmac

Post by davmac »

You are doing exhaust and intake work while your fuel consumption is 13l/100km?
The car and engine you have should be 9l/100km or better.
Idle should be 650 - 700 rpm and will help fuel consumption.
If alignment, wheel bearings and brakes are good then try a tune up.
Besides replacing ignition parts use manuals at this site to do the tune up adjustments for this engine.

- set throttle position sensor TPS see manuals F2-152 and a few pages
- set timing and idle see manuals F2-73 and a few pages after
- verify spark plug gap and spark plug condition
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
Oke
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Oke »

Hy everyone, sorry for the absents but i had a lot of work.
The part with the fuel consumption is down at 10L/100km in city, and the idle is down wen the engine is warm at 800+-100. Today i left my car at a tunner to make some modifications, when i got the car back the idle is at normal, but after a few "pedal to the metal" the car is siting at 2000rpm even with the engine hot. I tried everthing, drive slow, drive fast, only in high gears the rpm goes down because of the gear, but when i am in neutral is back to 2000rmp. I left the car for a half hour, and the idle droped at 1500rpm, but when i push the gas gentel is going up slow again to 2000rmp. The mecanic changed the air fitler, with an BMC Twin Air, and made i custom intake, i stil have the MAF and every hose "vacum" i think, and removed the catalizator, and changed the fuel filter. What can be the problem, please help my guys. We have in two monts a drag event here and i want the car to be ready as much i can aford.
Sorry for the bad english. Hope to read soon from you guys.
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
Oke
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Oke »

I posted in V6 tehnical section, maybe here is not corect.
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”