Western Canada/USA Meet (Pacific ocean side)

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
mikeetown
antispam: No

Western Canada/USA Meet (Pacific ocean side)

Post by mikeetown »

Hey everyone. I hear there is a meet in kelowna B.C. Canada every now and then. Im searching for when but i can't find the post.

If it is in kelowna, I know all the great joyride roads around here. One of them is Westside road in West kelowna B.C. and it connects to Vernon B.C.. You can google map it. (Westside Road, west kelowna, BC, Canada).

When would be a good time to have the meet. End of may? early June? Cause its beautiful and sunny here at that time.
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
crazycanadian

Re: Western Canada/USA Meet (Pacific ocean side)

Post by crazycanadian »

From what I can tell its usually in the summer time at some point.. All though I think last year and this year camping arrangements are being trouble some.. I posted up some info for people if they wanted to change up and come camping out at Cascade Cove by Christina lake...
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

crazycanadian wrote:From what I can tell its usually in the summer time at some point.. All though I think last year and this year camping arrangements are being trouble some.. I posted up some info for people if they wanted to change up and come camping out at Cascade Cove by Christina lake...
I would be up for Christina lake. I think people just want to know that we will all be in the same area of a camp ground and that we won't get in trouble for abit of noise!
We should get a list of people who would be coming then call the camp ground and ask questions about pricing, doubling up on sites. If we could get a few of those questions answered then we can work on a date!
Is this the camp ground??
http://www.christinalake.com/cascadecove/
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Tavman_1213 wrote:
crazycanadian wrote:From what I can tell its usually in the summer time at some point.. All though I think last year and this year camping arrangements are being trouble some.. I posted up some info for people if they wanted to change up and come camping out at Cascade Cove by Christina lake...
I would be up for Christina lake. I think people just want to know that we will all be in the same area of a camp ground and that we won't get in trouble for abit of noise!
We should get a list of people who would be coming then call the camp ground and ask questions about pricing, doubling up on sites. If we could get a few of those questions answered then we can work on a date!
Is this the camp ground??
http://www.christinalake.com/cascadecove/
Yep thats the camp ground.... For group camping they have 1 main group area that can be booked.. There are 3 sections to it, if you took all 3 sections you can fit 30 - 40 people if not a few more... For the last 3 or 4 years, I have been camping up there with groups of about 10 - 15.. We all fit just fine in about half the area they have available... There is a possibility of getting a different area that could fit around 10 - 15 people thats closer to the beach as well.... The showers/bathroom is a little bit of a walk from the group camping areas.. They were talking last year about putting in new bathrooms closer for this year.. I'll find out more about that when I call them in a month or so..

If we are a bunch of young hooligans we will get in trouble for noise... If we are responsible adults, turn the music down around 11 and stop yelling/shouting we wont have any problems... I have been going there 8 - 9 years now with a group of people and we haven't had any problems... about 4 years ago we had a group of 45 people up there... We kept it responsible and didn't have any problems...

I can't remember what pricing is, its changed over the years and I haven't cared enough to pay attention.. I have never found it to be overly expensive... If there is some serious interest in doing this when I call to set up my yearly camping trip up there, I will get pricing...

The camp ground is 2 min drive away from the main drag for christina lake... The swiming hole thats behind it is really nice, other wise christina lakes public beach is a 5 min drive away from the camp ground... There are a couple half decent places to rent a boat and have some fun... The lake is really nice... Grandforks is 30min drive away...
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

ok cool. lets definately keep this thread going. If another one opens up, post a link to it here somewhere. Christina lake is awesome. don't forget Nelson B.C. though. equally as nice.
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

1993 White gs klze.

Return to “MX-3 Meets”