Need to shorten Throttle Cable? How?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mikeetown
antispam: No

Need to shorten Throttle Cable? How?

Post by mikeetown »

How do you shorten the throttle cable?

I just finished a KLDE swap in my mx-3. I am using the KLDE millenia throttle body. With the cable the way it is now i'm only getting the throttle opening 3/4 of the way.

could someone please direct or even better, Send me thing post on here with instructions on how to do this. I cna't find it or havn't yet,
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: Need to shorten Throttle Cable? How?

Post by MrMazda92 »

Inodoro Pereyra sent me a link a long time ago... I've been trying to find it, but there was an adjustable end piece that could be screwed tightly onto the throttle cable. You cut the excess off after tightening it down, and it effectively shortens the cable at the throttle body.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

just figured that out. I stared at it long enough whilst drinking some good old sleemans honey brown and it just popped into my head like a gnome on cocaine.

theres these two 12mm nuts, u just tighten them using that. they are on the steel thing that bolts the cable close to the throttle body haha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikeetown
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

about the end peice, my 80 year old dad said that you just get a little thing that you clamp onto the throttle cable wherever you want it and thats it.

Old timers know there s--- :wink:
mikeetown
windofire
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by windofire »

i just made a alu bracket to get the cable further back, so it would fit. :)
Black Mx3 GS
ZE swapped with kl36 ecu and Exedy oem clutch, Fidanza flywheel, 2.5" stainless exhaust, Ebay headers, 8mm sparkplug wires and Denso iridium sparkplugs, Rockspeed CAI, 17x8 wheels, 235/40 Goodyear eagle f1 as, Taroc japan sport discs and pads.
davmac

Post by davmac »

If you don't fabricate a bracket that holds the cable further from the throttle body you can shorten the cable and add new cable stops.

Dorman 03339 offers an assortment - one should work
Dorman 100013 from RockAuto would probably work
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

MrMazda92 wrote:Inodoro Pereyra sent me a link a long time ago... I've been trying to find it, but there was an adjustable end piece that could be screwed tightly onto the throttle cable. You cut the excess off after tightening it down, and it effectively shortens the cable at the throttle body.
Yeah we have them over here its like a universal throttle cable kit, with the barrel that goes onto/into the butterfly pulley having a grub screw in it so you can tighten down where you want it.
stevesei

Post by stevesei »

See my post in the recent thread on this forum about Milly manifod & throttle. Pics and everything.
Steve Seiter
Blue '92 GS, Milly square-port DE with stainless headers, Stoker100 chip, HEI/Blaster conversion,
2.25" exhaust, High flow cat, ZX-2 shocks, short shifter, urethane front bushings, 17x7s with 595 Evos
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

My car has a custom bracket. You may be able to get the cable bits cheaper at a bike shop.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”