RX7 FD Wheels - Spacer thickness for clearance?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

RX7 FD Wheels - Spacer thickness for clearance?

Post by MrMazda92 »

Title says it all pretty much.

I'm looking at a set of RX7 FD wheels(5 lug swap in progress), and am curious exactly what I will need to do to clear the struts both up front and in the rear.

They are 16x8 wheels with a +50 offset.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Redline322

Re: RX7 FD Wheels - Spacer thickness for clearance?

Post by Redline322 »

Stock offset is around 35, so I'd guess 15-20mm would be safe.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

True enough, I am mostly trying to figure out if I can bring them in a little bit(maybe a 5-10mm spacer) to help clear the fenders. I'll be rolling them either way, for added clearance.

I should have been more specific in the original post! :oops:

I'll figure it out when my wheels and hubs arrive. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

My 16" rims are +45 and I needed 10mm to clear the strut, the easiest thing to do is go get some large washers and mount up your rims. When you get enough clearance with the washers so the tires dont rub, just take the washers off and measure them, and thats your spacer size.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good idea, thank you man! How wide are your 16s by any chance?
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

They are 16" x 6.5" factory Hyundai Accent alloys with 205/55/16s. I wouldnt trust driving around on them, but the washers will help you work out spacing and check any clearance issues while at ride height, even get measurements for longer studs if you go for a kit without them and you cant beat the price. Plan for about 5 washers per stud which should give you roughly 20mm to play with.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Lol, using MX6/Probe spindles for this...

I forgot to check something; The stock offset for their 15" wheels is +42. Since the wheels are 2" wider, I believe a 15mm spacer will do the trick, barely.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”