kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: kulluminati777- Operation KLZE

Post by Daninski »

There's a FPR for sale here that would allow you to dial back your fuel pressure and that would probably help you pass your emissions test. Usually you set it to 40+ but I've heard of the fuel pressure being dialed back to 20 psi. Just a thought. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

kulluminati777 wrote:crap, i also realized that i cant use the EGR off the K8 either because there might not be one. The engine is european sourced :crying: :crying: :crying: So i may not even pass SMOG with the K( or at least the visual portion......

If I could get away with it just looking like the EGR is there and block it off with a plate then im down with that. But i read somewhere my NoX reading will be a tad high. Maybe i could source a new cat and that will fix it up. Also resetting my TPS and putting the timing to 10*btdc is what they were saying on probtalk. Im not a member there i just stalk the forum for engine knowledge.
If you have a place to mount it on your K you can always use the penny trick to cover the egr port before you mount it :mrgreen:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

+1 on the penny trick. I did that, and welded the hole in the other plug. No American change would fit, and I was getting impatient, so I actually welded something for once... I swear that's the tool I use the least out of everything I own. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

If you are gonna rock a kl36 it will make things easier. I don't have egr at all, blocked and removed (bolts/ jb weld), no cat just a cherry bomb & I passed emissions. I dont have a kl36, I have a euro cluster though so check engine light looks like low washer light. The last swap I did on friends mx-3 I did the penny trick & no CEL showed up with a US KL ecu kl07 I think.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

For the FPR i may go that route if it gets serious. Most of my emissions issues are speculation because my car is still on the GD boat :crying: :crying:
:crying:

Yes i have a KL36 ECU. Im sure ill decide on doing the penny trick. If you guys says it passes emissions without an EGR then I have to at least make it look like one is there.....

I also wanted to get a KING6 passenger side motor mount. But not alot of people have them. Do they fit ok? Has anyone had fitment issues at all....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

My EGR is bolted on hooked up even though there is not a hole. It passed just fine and with no codes at all.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Check out this little gem i finally found a REAL RSX Type S rear ``under spoiler´´...Now its time to redo the RSX lip in the rear but now im going to mold the lip to the OEM mud flaps like calg_93gs. Im just waiting on A) an actual car to put them on then B) my OEM rear mud guards to come in the mail :mrgreen:

I also have EVERYTHING for my KLZE swap FINALLY. Who knew you needed to collect so much crap.....new this new that....its a very demanding project just getting the items. I plan on driving up to Washington mid to late January and putting the KLZE beast in.....I cant wait :welder:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Are you hooking up with Wag? If so I can try and come by, hell I could even lend a hand :)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Josh wrote:Are you hooking up with Wag? If so I can try and come by, hell I could even lend a hand :)

Yes I am! but with me paying up the wazoo getting settled down in america I had to push it back to maybe the end of january.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Well keep me posted!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Josh wrote:Well keep me posted!

Yeah im down with all the help we can get and im sure wagze so is too. I have no idea what im doing so another one who does would maybe make the transplant more smoother.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So my baby has touched down in america!! I had to do a impromptu photo shoot because i was so excited. This is the first time in 12 years this car has been back stateside (according to army vehicle records)

now the short term to do list is:

Redo rsx lip
Swap on carbon fiber hood
KLZE swap
Actually get license plates :lol: :lol:

now its in winter mode...oh wait california doesnt have winter so this is 24/7 mode :lol:

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote: now its in winter mode...oh wait california doesnt have winter so this is 24/7 mode :lol:

I hate you......

Car looks nice and shiny!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Makes me want to do "real black" paint... *drool*
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

kulluminati777 wrote:
Josh wrote:Are you hooking up with Wag? If so I can try and come by, hell I could even lend a hand :)

Yes I am! but with me paying up the wazoo getting settled down in america I had to push it back to maybe the end of january.
I say we make it a driveway meet! :mrgreen:
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”