Who can you trust

Off-Topic Discussions
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Who can you trust

Post by kulluminati777 »

I just had to state that i LOVE the MX3 community. I have made MANY transactions on this forum and am happy that all went well. I was born at night but not last night so im no fool but I feel i can trust everyone on this forum. yeah im sure there is a few bad apples out there but for the most part all of you are some great guys (and gals).......I dont think there is a car community like this any where on the web. Maybe its because we are such a small group. For this reason alone i would continue to surf this forum even if i got rid of the Mazdaspeed MX3 and moved on but i dont think that will ever happen.
Last edited by kulluminati777 on October 26th, 2012, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Re: Who can you trust

Post by bbunkerc397 »

How true so far, I feel the same been very fortunate to have done business with some good people on the forum. Cheers
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've been fairly fortunate myself... Only had a few small incidents with other members, and it's definitely topped my experience with ProbeTalk, no doubt about that. :lol:

I'll have an MX-3 in my future no matter what, if I wreck my current project I'll replace it with a GS without a sunroof, when one is available. I'm all for keeping my project alive with a new shell, if the need arises.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I've been a member for a little over 8 years. I have my 4th MX-3 in storage waiting to be rebuilt. There are people on this forum that I consider real friends...in an electronic kind of way.

Some of the most stand up guys I've ever known live here. I'll never leave. If the time ever came that Jeff wanted to let the forum go I would purchase it from him to keep it alive.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I have been here for 7 years (at first, under another name, which I lost), and this forum is a part of my life. I never used chat rooms, or any social media to any extent for the first few years I was on here (I was on Myspace, and now FaceBook). I grew up in car groups, as a VW mechanic, ever since I could sort nuts and bolts (when I was about 4), since my Dad is a mechanic. I have met great people here, a few of which are friends IRL! There are people on here that I haven't met that I would call friend, and my world, that means a lot, since I have many acquaintences.
I am 39, and have a great life, being a traveling performer, as well as many other things. I have met thousands of good people, so I have perspective about it, and still, this forum is a little part of me. My percentage of trust is possibly highest here, compared to many groups, including my "scene" in Portland.
I would have NEVER guessed that buying this little car to drive across the desert would affect my life in such a positive way. Over the years, there have been less than a handful of scammers, and they were stopped pretty quickly, and even dealt with IRL.
When my invention gets patented, and I get rich, I'm going to fly a bunch you somewhere for a meet :D
..and built the most awesome MX-3 ever.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nice!^^^ hopefully I make the short list Jesse

I feel the same way, that is one of the reasons I find it hard to leave. The car is old, but still looks good, handles well, and has some good grunt. I get a lot of crap from local communities like MazdasNW and other local Mazda clubs, like that's a chick car and the MX6 is way better looking. But I honestly dont care. I have had many many great experiences since I first started surfing this forum in 01'. Back when Barry had an MX3 and when MazdaManiac was still into MX-3's before he started RX8 tuning. I have seen a lot of people come and go some I am still in touch, with and others never to be heard from again. But I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience on the forum. other then the occasional disagreement every now and then -_-

I just want to say

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm still here... lurking, until I finally have time to build a sweet a-- mofo Kliata.

I'm not leaving.

Meanwhile, I build and drive this car, with another fantastic group of people...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4911_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5284_n.jpg
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I've seen people come and go. You really have to love mx-3 to be on here. I'm still learning about them and I've been here since 2001 when I bought it. Always willing to help out another mx3 owner
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Overall its been good buying stuff off here, I did get taken pretty good on a group buy that went bad and never got the rest of my stuff or any money back. Some other members have gone and bought stuff I had a deal with the seller and offered more to get the items, I find this very disrespectful. Like anything there are jerks out there, this site seems to only have a few over the years.
1993 White gs klze.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Ya one of the best forums / groups of people I have ever met (on the internetz and IRL) and dealt with.

It's crazy because we have had very few "bad apples" which is an interesting phenomenon to me. I remember I went over to the NL a couple years ago and they had an MX-3 meet, specifically FOR ME! LOL

I would say that the leadership/admins are real stand up people (on the internetz and IRL) so I think that has been part of the reason.

Thanks to everyone for making a great community :mrgreen: :crying: (tears of joy)
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Mooneggs wrote: I remember I went over to the NL a couple years ago and they had an MX-3 meet, specifically FOR ME! LOL

I would say that the leadership/admins are real stand up people (on the internetz and IRL) so I think that has been part of the reason.

ooow yeah !!

The mx3 community is a very nice familiy warming community :)
It begins with respecting eachothers choices for modification. Bodykit's, wheels, interior etc.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

And it's people like Fowljesse and whitefinish that make it great! I didn't know anyone in real life when I moved to portland and Jesse helped me move into my apartment!

When I went to the NL, Whitefinish's hospitality was amazing - he gave me tours around NL and into Germany 8)

Good times... :D

Return to “Off-Topic”