Big Brake Kit: Possible Group Buy?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Big Brake Kit: Possible Group Buy?

Post by MrMazda92 »

The thing is, I'm already buying different wheels, so the cost of 15" vs 16" won't be a dealbreaker. :shrug:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

i have 18"s for summer but in winter im using my MS-01's and there only 15''s so i have to choose which one i want more :crying:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'll help you decide, if you ever feel the need to randomly ship those MS01s stateside :lol:

Seriously though, they're a great looking wheel, and true MS product. I'd say keep them...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

what about running Protege knuckles? they match the front struts fine? anyone got anymore info or idea that might or might not work?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The BG (90-94' protege) platform and the EC platform (all MX-3s) are exactly the same with a few very small differences in the length of the LCA's and Lateral Links. The knuckles and brakes are the same so there's no benefit at all to swapping those in.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

wytbishop wrote:The BG (90-94' protege) platform and the EC platform (all MX-3s) are exactly the same with a few very small differences in the length of the LCA's and Lateral Links. The knuckles and brakes are the same so there's no benefit at all to swapping those in.
im talk about the BA platform I belive, the one that the MS version in that year catigory(96-03?).. I got this idea from seeing mooneggs thread about the Ksports not fitting the back but fit the front fine. SO if the hub can be pressed into the knuckle then we have the option of the BA break options which I belive = being able to run Mazda6 brakes.

This is just all an Idea seeing this would make us stateside guys live so much easyer if we wanted to upgrade the brakes. Since 323f knuckles are a PITA to get and ship.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It's possible. The wheel beaing is the same so our hub should press in. The issues are the position of the ball joint, the width of the strut mount and the length and position of the steering arm. I'd have to look at one up close to see.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

wytbishop wrote:It's possible. The wheel beaing is the same so our hub should press in. The issues are the position of the ball joint, the width of the strut mount and the length and position of the steering arm. I'd have to look at one up close to see.
I know someone from another forum with a speed protege so ill see if he can snap some pics and measurments :)
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

youd be a god if you figure this out...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Any updates on the BA spindles at all?
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I am not 100% on this but I think that the Protege 5 brakes should work! its also a 5 lug!! There are a couple at the wrechers right now so I might just have to pull them off an try them on a MX3. All of them share the same wheelbearing part number according to rockauto.
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Here is the information about the BA spindles and upgrading brakes.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 4&start=90
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

323f v6 definitly work. But there is stuff you need to adapt if choosing Millenia or Mazda 6 brakes.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

323F spindles + Subaru twin pots is the way to go. Plug and Play.

When I rebuild my car though, I think i'm going to do a bracket and upgrade to brembos. If I can afford it.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

whitefinish,
Looking at weede's worklog, the mazda6 calipers appear to be plug n play, unless I'm missing something? It looks like only the rotors needed to be re-drilled to work.

What is the difference in braking distance between the Mazda6 fronts and the Millenia/Subaru fronts?

I'd love a set of 323f spindles, but it looks like they'll cost me $200+ USD to acquire. I'll wait for more information on the BA and Probe spindle modifications. I'd rather do it for $100 + some added labor, as I've got plenty of time and far too little money.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”