intake upgrade

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Evo_Spec

Re: intake upgrade

Post by Evo_Spec »

i dun wanna be rude or anything man cause i understand that this is probably the first thing you've ever done on a car but honestly man if you can't do a simple thing like an intake, i don't even want to think about how hard it would be to help you through a larger issue.

ok, to answer your last question, it may actually require 3 cuts if it is too long.
the main part you want is the upper portion where it has the 2 parts where you connect your IAC hose and valve breather hose, then you going to be cutting the intake a bit past that part (a foot or so) so you can put your VAF in between somewhere and then you may need to cut again so make it the correct length to where you'll connect your air filter or cyclone head =)
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Post by wednesdayslatest »

wow i didnt see this for a while....you got any picture to show me? i mean i think i can get something together i just wish there was easier but its the least of my problems now i got a lot more work to do as for performance upgrades i dont know much fixing things on the car is what im doing and some electrical work not too much its a real pain in the a--. but ill see if i cant put something together later when i got nothing else to do since now i got this sputtering dying engine thing going on and i am still investing into this civic to sell it after the winter is over and get another car because having two cars is nice i pay less then 400 for 6 months its great
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

This was a one piece Acura integra CIA that I cut. This is a 95' so it has a MAF instead of a VAF but same principles apply

If you are having issues contemplating cutting the intake (I cut mine in 3 places) Just buy an Acura or Honda shorty intake or short ram. They are like 20 bucks at Oriles Auto parts
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol I used a integra intake for my K8 as well. I wonder if i can use the same intake on a ZE (yes i am well aware of the thread jack in the 4 banger forum)
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
wednesdayslatest

Josh wrote:This was a one piece Acura integra CIA that I cut. This is a 95' so it has a MAF instead of a VAF but same principles apply

If you are having issues contemplating cutting the intake (I cut mine in 3 places) Just buy an Acura or Honda shorty intake or short ram. They are like 20 bucks at Oriles Auto parts

great picture it makes my car look like a POS. you swapped the big metal box (vaf assuming) to that little black sensor? hmm that looks nice. but i got the SOHC its not going to be plug and play i assume? can you find me the MAF for cheap on ebay? i did see two typed of mass airflow for my car before but the other thing i was wondering i need to get another plug for it? or the original plug will work ?(plug and play)
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

No this is a 95 it came stock with the maf. You could swap it all over but would be kind of a pain. I ended up swapping to the metal box or VAF. All you need is the airfilter adapter and its really no different. I used the sam
e piping when I changed it over to the vaf.
wednesdayslatest

yeah i got the metal adapter on the box and the head is on the adapter. and i got another plastic intake arm so im not too worried about it now. i have this sputtering intake problem now it wants to die and when it does is a real pain in the a-- to start back up possibly the throttlebody that is what im being told at the shop today ill see what happens later if my buddy can grab it at the junkyard i just hope its going to be something small and not a pain in the a-- because i got to fix the wire harness marker light/interior dash light same fuse i put 40 amp fuse cuz it was poping and thats all i had i realize now never ever to do that again. but other then that going to get the keyless entry put in there itll be nice once its got the fresh sticker a did a lot of work to it changed almost everything
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

wednesdayslatest wrote:yeah i got the metal adapter on the box and the head is on the adapter. and i got another plastic intake arm so im not too worried about it now. i have this sputtering intake problem now it wants to die and when it does is a real pain in the a-- to start back up possibly the throttlebody that is what im being told at the shop today ill see what happens later if my buddy can grab it at the junkyard i just hope its going to be something small and not a pain in the a-- because i got to fix the wire harness marker light/interior dash light same fuse i put 40 amp fuse cuz it was poping and thats all i had i realize now never ever to do that again. but other then that going to get the keyless entry put in there itll be nice once its got the fresh sticker a did a lot of work to it changed almost everything
You know man, you have a lot of problems with this car....
Make it run, then do the fun things like CAI, remote locks, etc.
Since you just installed the CAI, I'd asume that might be why it's got a "sputtering intake problem". I'd assume you have a leak somewhere or a bigger problem elsewhere.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
wednesdayslatest

ive done almost everything to that car im going to get another throttle body soon and hopefully that will fix the problem but for now ive gotta wait and bring it to the shop im going to do the whole brake lines next after i fix this issue and one electrical issue thats a problem in itself (power locks is already paid for just need to bring it to carisma) ill figure it out eventually

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”