Been a while......

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Been a while......

Post by kulluminati777 »

"Turns transmissions to sawdust' :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that is an amazing engine!!!!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

3.1L AND a turbo? I still have a hard time believing it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Holy f*ck. This thing actually exists? And it's here in the GTA???
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

Its here in the GTA. If it was anyone else telling me about the displacement I would not believe them either, but after all it was built by one of the best engine builders on this side of the planet for small displacement motors

Interesting car the least
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I want one. ;D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I still can't really believe it. People have issues with 2.7 and especialy 2.9L, especially with overheating issues, depends on how much it's actually overbored.

I hate seeing wild claims without a shred of proof. People like to keep major projects a secret, but it depends, I think that type of a secret in the KL world isn't necessary at all with little to no one out there that would ever really follow anyway, even if you posted all the specs of the entire build. And who are you really impressing howadays? Probes/Mx3/Mx6/etc are old news, no matter what's done...

Hate to say it, but I still question the legitibility of the claim of that motor....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

That's true ND, there's. Really no one to impress since the ZEs are old news now and if it really is a 3.1L with the turbo I'd love to find out more about it. There could be a chance that its stroked to that displacement but it just won't run for very long due to overheating?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Anything is possible with enough money... 2.9 is the highest I've heard people really mention as well. Overbore, sleeve the thinner cylinder walls, and stroke it as far as possible... It'd cost thousands, but I wouldn't go so far as to question the possibility of it. :shrug: Hell, thinner cylinder walls made of stronger materials than aluminum, and your cooling capability would be increased as well, all for a price of course. :welder:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Our cylinder walls aren't aluminum.
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

Indeed. Like most people who do this type of work don't generally announce it to the world unless of coarse internet bragging rights are what they are after and most of the doers don't have time to post and its certainly not what they are after most of the time. This particular one is a bit different but same idea. I personally never post build threads of my cars and at my shop we have done more then a few mild builds on personal and customers cars.

I am not saying it works without issues and is proven power by any means. I would try and obtain the information/dyno's but its not car or my right to do so. If that person really wanted it would of been spoken about already. Some people like being 1/1 because once the can of worms is opened on the internet you soon have a following. When we did our first Supra powered E36 we only knew of one other in the world at the time, since it became a published swap that number has got to be reaching over 100 lol within 3 years.

I saw it when I went their to rent their dyno to fine tune my evo. I just posted it out of curiosity if anybody knew who's it was, or heard of it before, seems I never seen anything close to that level in a MX3 in person, even back 7-8 years ago. How many of those intake/exhaust manifolds are out there? I would bet 1/1.

Possibilities is only limited to your budget and creativity....
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ProspectMx3 wrote:I am not saying it works without issues and is proven power by any means. I would try and obtain the information/dyno's but its not car or my right to do so. If that person really wanted it would of been spoken about already. Some people like being 1/1 because once the can of worms is opened on the internet you soon have a following. When we did our first Supra powered E36 we only knew of one other in the world at the time, since it became a published swap that number has got to be reaching over 100 lol within 3 years.
An E36 swap is pretty obvious to say it's done when you're looking under the hood of a car. There's people out there with a K8, refuse to pop the hood and claim they have a ZE in there. Than there's those than say they have a 2.6/2.7./2.whatever KL when you can tell it's a shitty junkyward swap. You can have the following, you want the respect, you need to back your claim....
ProspectMx3 wrote: I saw it when I went their to rent their dyno to fine tune my evo. I just posted it out of curiosity if anybody knew who's it was, or heard of it before, seems I never seen anything close to that level in a MX3 in person, even back 7-8 years ago. How many of those intake/exhaust manifolds are out there? I would bet 1/1.
Depends, curious to see if it's doing anything more than a build 2.5 would put out (but less reliably?). Intake manifold looks very similar to the CZT N/A design, their turbo intake was one large one instead. CZT hasen't been around for quite a few years now...
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

I was impressed it was a true twin scroll setup to say the least. The intake manifold was made by Magnus, who have a reputation for building the best in the world when it comes to the 4G63. I don't know much more about it figured if it was a known car, someone here would know more about it or who it belonged to.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Our cylinder walls aren't aluminum.
As far as I've ever heard or seen, the entire block is Aluminum, but wikipedia claims "aluminum-alloy", which could be practically anything. :shrug: I'll email Michael Perry and Alistair of Interprep to ask... I'll add it onto the list of questions I have for both of them.

Either way, there is potential for upgrade there, and sleeving would be the only option I know of to keep it operable with a much thinner wall.

It certainly wouldn't make sense to believe you could stroke an extra 600 CCs out of it... If it's truly a 3.1l, which we haven't seen proof either for or against that notion, then the added displacement had to have come from somewhere. :shrug:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

For what it's worth, if it's truly built as it appears to be, and is spoken of... The transmission housing is the only thing G series about it.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MrMazda92 wrote:As far as I've ever heard or seen, the entire block is Aluminum, but wikipedia claims "aluminum-alloy", which could be practically anything.
They're very megnetic, found that out with the KLoffee table. If they're aluminum alloy, there's a lot of steel in there...

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”