Carbon Fiber products part 2

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Demonic1

Re: Carbon Fiber products part 2

Post by Demonic1 »

I'm putting a vote in for the GS front lip. I can't ever find the darn things...
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

There may not be many others, but I would buy FG doors. That would drop SO much weight! I have Lexan for the windows, which I would set in place, and they wouldn't roll. I don't use them, anyway. I imagine that serious, and semi-serious racers would be interested. Also, I love my FG hatch with Lexan, and there was more interest in them.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

It's cool to see progress on this, I'm interested to see what products are created!!

Would you even consider a Carbon Fiber headliner...? That I would pay for... Even if it sounds a little silly.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

kulluminati777 wrote:
mitmaks wrote:Would love to have rear bumper cover aprons, like Jspec mx3s have
bumper cover aprons what are these? and a wiper cowl, hatch garnish, and maybe a sunroof if possible. I would buy all of these in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like the ones Mooneggs has on his car.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

MrMazda92 wrote:It's cool to see progress on this, I'm interested to see what products are created!!

Would you even consider a Carbon Fiber headliner...? That I would pay for... Even if it sounds a little silly.
+1 Epic Idea, never seen anything like that before!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

Headliner = interesting?? Sunroof or no sunroof? Anyone know how it attatches to the roof? I've been driving my Mx for 17yrs and never once taken it down..

BTW guys, I'm making parts that are the most demanding first. It takes time to prepare plugs, build moulds, and then final parts. I have started the radiator support project and will make the mould this wknd. I will post pics afterwards.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ok we are getting a little crazy on these ideas....

Mooneggs apron :? how about RSX rear :D :lol: :lol: most MX3er´s dont like modding the rear bumper at all anyway

and the headliner? it just pops out pops in but be VERY careful it is the most fragile thing in the car by far. very neat idea....but that would add alot of weight to the car (counter productive). Where would u find a box to ship it? also you like the idea now but it being the only carbon thing on your car you will regret it (buy that and you wont have cash for anything else carbon it will be the price of a CF hood i bet)

Stick to the essentials....wiper cowl, rad mount, sunroof, hatch garnish....small things that are easy to make, affordable, easy/cheap to ship and others can see the cool factor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The headliner is pretty simple to remove, but they stain, tear, separate(glue breaks down over years), and honestly they're pretty damned ugly.

I'm typically of the function over form mentality, that I think we can all agree on, but I would honestly LOVE a carbon fiber headliner. I'd probably prioritize it over a CF hood, weird as that may sound? As for the weight, it would add a couple of pounds honestly. I think it's worth it, since it'd be a unique piece that has never made an appearance in an MX-3.

Shipping it would be a royal PITA, and that will probably make it impossible to sell. :(

As for the cool factor, I think passengers would be mind blown at a CF headliner! Besides, I'd paint any external CF parts to match my car. I'm not on the same page as most import owners though, so I know I'll get flamed for that :lol:

If the headliner were doable, I believe sunroof style(92-93) would be the more popular choice on the forums... As far as the interested parties. In my case, a sunroof model(94+) would be ideal, but I'd make due with either, given the chance!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

I have a 94 and a 92 v-6 with a sunroof Mx so I could do both. I will pull the liner out of the v-6 and check it out.

I may be able to do a dry carbon look rather than the traditional high gloss surface most parts are made of. If what I'm thinking about will work, than I will post some pics of a finished piece. The surface will be a textured surface but the carbon 2x2 twill pattern still visible. I was thinking about interior pieces being made in this way. If I ever did a dashboard, I would have to because of glare from sunlight. Man, I'm getting excited about that!! :mrgreen:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Awesome!!

I'm pretty excited about this, not going to lie! I am preferential towards the 92-93 cars in general, but in my case I have a '92 with manual belts, so I'm definitely leaning towards a '94+ style with headliner.

A dash would be cool, but probably out of my price range :(

I'm definitely in for a headliner, hopefully you'll be able to keep production costs low!! Will it be sturdy enough for repeated removal/installation for repair of the sunroof assembly??
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

I will get to the headliner later. For now, I have a radiator support mould that needs work - almost finished.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Awesome! :)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I am still looking forward to all of this, I've been trying to think of things to add to the list as well.

I may be interested in an airbox, depending on the design you choose to go with! I'm routing cold air from a foglight opening, and planning to use an airtight box to help keep heat out.

There are already a bunch of CF hoods out there, but would it be possible for you to make an OEM shaped hood with vent options? I'd make a custom shroud for my rad. fans, to push hot air out of the bay before it crossed the intake manifold.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

Vents can be put in wherever they need to be. I would like to angle my radiator - tilt the top forward and draw out the air behind, over the top of the hood.
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

great job man !!! can't wait for the parts to go on sale
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,

Return to “Appearance”