Fuel Return Question?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Syeemx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Fuel Return Question?

Post by Syeemx3 »

So i was diggen hard yesterday removeing my Power break booster (Witch you need Limbo lessons to do) So i removed my battery and cold air intake so I figured id replace my fuel filter why I was there then i went to town removeing Emmissions, vacuum hoses and charcoal canister. And i removed the fuel returns line (whoops) But sence i did it anyways i thought id ask what you guys think itl do if I dont put that hose back? i capped am off for the time being. But i was wondering if I might beni from its removal sence its not my everyday driver anyhow... Now let me have it i know there gonna be some RAGERS out there lol...
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Fuel Return Question?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ragers, probably cause you aren't understanding the function of the fuelling system, and will potentially do harm to it.

The point of the return line is to keep having fuel flowing, always a fresh supply in the rail for the injectors to feed from.

Part of the recircuation system is to cool the fuel pump. Secondly, the constantly flow of the fuel makes it easy on the fuel pump, otherwise you created a dead end in the system, and the pressure will cause excess stress and heat in your fuelling system, more likely causing premature failing of your fuel pump.

Not sure if it would affect injector performance or not, hard to say.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Syeemx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Fuel Return Question?

Post by Syeemx3 »

Thats what i thought to be honest so i already replaced the hose =) Thx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”