KLZE burning oil with only 90000km

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mikey_D
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: KLZE burning oil with only 90000km

Post by Mikey_D »

kulluminati777 wrote:burning smell?? whens the last valve cover gasket change, whenever this smell pops up on my car its oil leaking out the covers onto the exhaust and into the cabin......
I never thought of that but thats kind of makes sense because i found oil in one of my spark plug holes. I can only smell it when the car warmed up which makes sense. I will have to check that out because i dont think it has ever been changed since i got it.
Make Me A Offer I Might Sell It
94 Mazda Mx3 With the KLZE. Too Many Parts To List
94 Mazda Mx3 Stock (My Winter Beater/Parts car soon)
NEVER FOR SALE LIST
72 Buick Skylark
64 VW With the Meyers Manx Kit (currently in pieces, rebuilding the engine sadly)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah then change ASAP, you might not be burning oil at all your just leaking out the valve covers onto the exhaust. Before i changed mine i would lose a quart a week and have to refill (i had to wait for the torque wrench i ordered to arrive) also when you do change em its VERY important you torque them to spec and its VERY important you put gasket maker on the spots they tell you on the manual which is basically every corner transition on the gasket.

P.S. your signature offends me i think there is a typo. the for sale and best offers are backwards
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
SBR

Post by SBR »

Valve cover gasket + valve stem seals should fix any internal oil leak (not burn).

Synthetic causing engine problems is completely false. It does however have the tendency to "ungunk" some engines running dino oil where the gunk keeps anything from leaking. Hence it's best to stick to dino oil or synthetic from early on. Synthetics are better oils than conventionals, hands down.
Black 1993 Mazda MX-3 GS - daily driver
Kenwood BT-948HD, MB Quart FX4.100 and ONX1.1000D, Polk MM6501 x4, Polk MM1240
SE interior, MOMO Endurance shift boot, Tomei long shift knob, eBay short shifter

Red 1987 Toyota MR2 - go kart

"If it's crazy you want, it's crazy you get."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”