neutral safety switch power

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: neutral safety switch power

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Those are switches, they complete circuits and have no polarity. Just to check if you are, remember you have to have the key in and on, and the car in reverse to get a voltage from the reverse switch. The neutral switch shouldn't put out any power, it's just a ground sence.

In that first pic of yours, I see those blue crimp on connectors, if they're not yours, those aren't OEM
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Post by wednesdayslatest »

like i said

the original sensor that was in that transmission was hard wired to another two wires it WORKED before idk why it stopped working. now i already cut the wires to splice into that same spot it didnt work so i put it back on the same way to go to the plug that i found so i got it right with the plug and i got that sensor in the block....now like i said the THIRD picture is a part that doesnt seem to goto my car ANYWHERE so i dont know why the reverse lights dont work i have it all pluged into the harness. does it matter which one goes to which on the two wires that i did up with the blue crimps
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
wednesdayslatest

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Not sure why you would think that the Neutral switch did anything for the Reverse lights...

Your Best Friend
http://mx-3.com/manuals/index.php?folde ... %20Manual/

12 - Back-Up Light Switch (Reverse Switch)
14 - Neutral Switch
http://mx-3.com/manuals/photo.php?file= ... J1-017.gif

Don't forget to put all the washers on the Reverse switch, otherwise it'll always stay on.

are you sure this is a diagram for a 1993 mx3 base 1.6L standard because number 14 i cant find only 12 and i had put the NS switch in the 12 spot and plugged it into the connector. but i cant find the 14 spot ANYWHERE....OR the connector to this lamp switch i just got
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

1992 Workshop Manual (same as 93)
http://mx-3.com/manuals/index.php?folde ... %20Manual/

J1 - Manual Transaxle (F5M-R) - (4cyl uses the F-series trans)
http://mx-3.com/manuals/index.php?folde ... Manual/J1/

On Page 2, 92_J1-16
http://mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php?fil ... J1-016.gif
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wednesdayslatest

well besides all of that i cant find the position 14 on the diagram reguardless the answer was right there infront of me. WHERE it was connected to was the correct spot but the sensor that goes it that spot is not that sensor thats in there. the sensor that i JUST got goes in that position 12 and we plugged it he pressed on the ball at the bottom and it worked. NOW the only thing im wondering is where the hell that sensor is supposed to go since i found where it plugs into but then i cant find the spot where the other one goes i think im going to have to take out the battery and everything take a close look around everything to see if i can find it somewhere i am really not sure on the type of stuff all i know is that its a B6 it says it on the engine but everything is so dirty as you can see cleaning is going to be one of the last things i do i already did the headgasket and pretty much all the engine work i just need an alignment bad. well hopefully i can take my car home tomorrow or if i fix that and MAYBE fix the exhaust i might just go get it inspected and pass i dont think theyll fail me for the alignment but it is mass
wednesdayslatest

the reverse lights work now i just had the wrong kind of sensor in the wrong spot i still have a place to plug the NS switch into the harness BUT there is no spot for me to put it on my transmission. and isint the NS switch supposed to be on a synced transmission. because mine isint there might of been a transmission swap or something. the engine harness has the connector just not the transmission i wouldnt mind finding out but at least my reverse lights work i can go pass inspection :)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”