92 MX-3 ABS Question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Syeemx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

92 MX-3 ABS Question

Post by Syeemx3 »

So my car dies when i hit the breaks. So im going to replace the Power Brake Booster. But at the same time im going to change out the CV axles and eliminate the ABS. Keep in mind it has a KLDE swap with comp and MAF. If I stick with the OEM power brake booster do you think it will cause problems if im remeoveing everthing that has to do with the ABS? I manage a NAPA Auto Parts so i got access to the parts. Just wanna make sure im going the correct route in doing so. Any input would help thx =)
Syeemx3

Re: 92 MX-3 ABS Question

Post by Syeemx3 »

Any ideas? /Bump
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You try replacing the PCV valve? That's typically the cause of your symptomes. Would be ironic if that was the issue when you were planing on replacing the booster and removing the ABS.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Syeemx3

Post by Syeemx3 »

Good idea didnt think about that cause it idles fine just dies when you hit the brakes. So figured booster with a leak would continue takeing vacuum from the engine when not needed =) Most the time if PCV is leaky then it would want to die at a idle without applying brakes but im going to change them anyway sence its 6bucks worth of parts lol. \
Any ideas on removeing the ABS if the vacuum booster would need to be changed to a non ABS booster or not or just cap off the hose that goes to the abs?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Syeemx3 wrote:Good idea didnt think about that cause it idles fine just dies when you hit the brakes. So figured booster with a leak would continue takeing vacuum from the engine when not needed =) Most the time if PCV is leaky then it would want to die at a idle without applying brakes but im going to change them anyway sence its 6bucks worth of parts lol. \
Any ideas on removeing the ABS if the vacuum booster would need to be changed to a non ABS booster or not or just cap off the hose that goes to the abs?
It's a common problem and most report it wanting to stall under braking, and it's the PCV. Easy try.

No clue, not many have ABS.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Was ABS really that rare in MX-3s?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Syeemx3

Post by Syeemx3 »

All i know is that ABS is worthless if your a good driver and its not my everyday driver anyhow =) So i got all the time in the world to work on it hehe =) But i got the stuff so ill throw that on. on sunday
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd been contemplating removing mine for a while now, but it seems a lot of hassle for the near future. It'll get thrown on my ever growing to-do list, no doubt... :lol:

Someday, maybe I'll get halfway down the list.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Syeemx3

Post by Syeemx3 »

Changed PCV and all vacuum hose and still dies when hit brakes nothing left but power brake booster but i got brand new parts so they gonna get chaged on thursday thx for the info was hopeing it was only the pcv lol...

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”