Rear disc swap

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
kakarot135

Rear disc swap

Post by kakarot135 »

looking at picking up a rear disc set up off of craigslist guy says that it is complete just need lug studs for one of the hubs, the other is complete. He is asking 100 for it. I have tried to find these at a jy but have had no luck as of yet and even then it would probably be more expensive plus I would have to take them off the donor car. Is there anything that I would need that I am not thinking of, I already have a v6 master cylinder and proportioning valve and lines for the engine compartment, I know that I will need a v6 ebrake cable, brake lines, and the actual hubs, trailing arms, and calipers, what else am I missing. Just feels like there is something else, and I don't want to get stranded in the middle of the swap if I go for this deal.

Thanks,

Jason
Kakarot 135
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Rear disc swap

Post by RobMinhas »

GS brake booster?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

Proportioning valve too..
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

If you swap to the GS master then yes, but if you keep the RS master then you do not have to. Protege LX runs 4 wheel disk with the RS master and it is a heavier car. all you really need to swap if you are on a budget are the Hubs, calipers, ebrake cables, and lines. swapping out the master requires the GS booster and proportioning valve as well.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote:If you swap to the GS master then yes, but if you keep the RS master then you do not have to. Protege LX runs 4 wheel disk with the RS master and it is a heavier car. all you really need to swap if you are on a budget are the Hubs, calipers, ebrake cables, and lines. swapping out the master requires the GS booster and proportioning valve as well.
Sorry for the thread revival but I'm just amassing some info here.

Since the RS master can be used in this case, if I track down a v6 model I could just drop the rear sub frame, grab the ebrake cables and brake lines and that'll do it? I've never really compared the GS master, is it considerably bigger?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

The only brake lines I needed were the ones attached to the subframe. I just passed MOT without swapping the master or bias, braking was fine. Will probably swap anyway but not essential.
Last edited by marcdh on March 23rd, 2013, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

RobMinhas wrote: Since the RS master can be used in this case, if I track down a v6 model I could just drop the rear sub frame, grab the ebrake cables and brake lines and that'll do it? I've never really compared the GS master, is it considerably bigger?
Marc is correct. I actually owe you a rear subframe. I have a clean bare one in my parts pile and I'm headed down next weekend. You can have it if you want it. You still need to get everything else but it will save you a bit of work.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I will gladly take that subframe Charlie, I can grab the rest of the stuff easily enough and I won't have to worry about getting a non rusty subframe in this case. Are you bringing the shell home then? I actually still need to come by and grab the exhaust too...
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

No I'm not transporting it yet, but I will be at my mom's place on the long weekend. I'll bring the subframe for you.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:No I'm not transporting it yet, but I will be at my mom's place on the long weekend. I'll bring the subframe for you.
Sounds good boss, I'll PM you closer to the date.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”