Fender Bars

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Fender Bars

Post by kulluminati777 »

these are from the BG chassis.....there are ALOT of suspension similarities between the EC and the BG. Do you guys think this would bolt up?

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Fender Bars

Post by MrMazda92 »

It could, but that particular area isn't a huge flex point anyways, is it?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i think because we have a unibody it actually is a decent flex point
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Miata's run those quite a bit.....I also am not sure that our cars would really benefit from it. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Picture says FORBIDDEN no worky for me :(
\
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

These are actually a fantastic idea because our chassis is cheap and flexible. Adding these will give better hard cornering feel. The strut towers are just sheet metal, and probably half rusted out by now, too.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Oregon, no rust for me! :2thumbsup:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Found on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-323-BG-UL ... a5&vxp=mtr

Will these fit in our chassis?
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Is there anyone with an MX3 and a BG chassis that can do a side by side or measurement? Ive never actually removed my fender before so I'm not even sure if we have pre-existing holes for it to bolt into.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah that ebay one was the exact one i wanted to buy and see if it fit but i wanted to get a little reassurance it would before i waste my dough
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Could pan out, that'd be cool. :)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I would think that they would bolt to the door side just fin, but would probably have to drill your own hole for the fender mount.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

We'd see more benefit out of a butterfly brace, similar to what Miatas have available... Cost would be marginally higher, for far greater benefit. Too bad we can't have it all! :freak:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

just an update on the fender bar project i was about to get into.

I was looking at pics of the EC fender and the BG fender and I dont think they will fit. Like josh said they WILL bolt up to the door BUT not only would you need to make custom holes on the fender part (on the BG you need to as well) but the door on the EC bolts higher on the chassis compared to the bolts for the door on the BG chassis. The bar actually curves up a bit at the end where it connects to the fender. Now this means on the BG its no problem but the EC it would bolt higher were the fender meets the hood. Im going to ask Ultra racing (the guys who make the fender bar) if they can fab up some for the EC chassis. If not i will attempt to talk them down to a lesser price (it is at make best offer) and then buy them and be 100000% sure they dont fit, or maybe they would but with a little bit of modification somewhere. :shrug: :shrug: I think it is a necessary part. Especially for an old weak 20 year old chassis......It never hurts to have extra rigidity in your chassis and if u sit back and look were it bolts up you see that it would help there sort of like a 3 point strut brace in the front or spot welds :shrug:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”