HEI Vs. MSD 6al

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

HEI Vs. MSD 6al

Post by kulluminati777 »

i was just wondering and this may be a dumb question but which one would be better and more reliable for my car. Im thinking BOTH are just fine but the 6al maybe gives you a little bit more spark :shrug: :shrug:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
SBR

Re: HEI Vs. MSD 6al

Post by SBR »

HEI is easy to do, and reliable. And cheap, got my module for $12.

The MSD is a great ignition controller, but not worth the money for your application.
Black 1993 Mazda MX-3 GS - daily driver
Kenwood BT-948HD, MB Quart FX4.100 and ONX1.1000D, Polk MM6501 x4, Polk MM1240
SE interior, MOMO Endurance shift boot, Tomei long shift knob, eBay short shifter

Red 1987 Toyota MR2 - go kart

"If it's crazy you want, it's crazy you get."
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Noob checking in here, could someone explain HEI to me like I'm five?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

once upon a time, there was a know it all bratty boy called, "disty"

Disty thought he could do everything. he thought he could spin round and round, tell others where they needed to be while he was spinning, and also be a little pyromaniac at the same time.

Granted he could spin just as well as the rest of them, he was no good at lighting things up. He carried around a little lighter that was almost out of fuel, and he could barely even get it to spark.

Eventually Disty met a friend who could finally put up with him, called Hei. It was a weird name so everyone called him, "Blaster" instead. He was a good pyromaniac, but a bad spinner.

In fact, he was soo good, he had his own flamethrower.

So when they would play together, Disty would spin and spin and spin, while Blaster torched the s--t out of everything at precisely the right time.

The End.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

So the story finishes with a happy end...We can all now take a nice sleep.lol

Great explanation.
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Thanks Kris,
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

I think we may be missing some important characters in the story. Heres my version:

Once upon a time there were triplets, Disty, Coil, and Ignito Mazda. They all played a game with their daddy Comp. Daddy would Say “Now!” and Ignito would hand Coil a lit match. Coil while being spun around by Disty would try and light stuff on fire. But Ignito sometimes forgot to light the match, or it would blow out as he was trying to hand it to his brother coil. Other times Ignito would just take a nap and refuse to play.

Daddy Comp took this game very seriously one day he decided his children just weren’t cutting it. He kicked Coil and Ignito off the team. He replaced Ignito with with a kid named HEI Module whose daddy was named GM. HEI Module had very nice wind and waterproof matches and he was always full of Caffeine so he never napped. Daddy Comp didn’t really like daddy GM so putting his kid to work on his team made daddy Comp smile. Next daddy Comp replaced Coil with a kid named MSD Blaster he was a much better pyro than Coil. When HEI Module handed him a match he used it to light his flamethrower and he really lit stuff up good with that.

Now the Mazda family finally had a winning team even though the kids on the team were mostly from other families, and the two Mazda boys Ignito and Coil were kicked out and orphaned.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

SuperK wrote:once upon a time, there was a know it all bratty boy called, "disty"

Disty thought he could do everything. he thought he could spin round and round, tell others where they needed to be while he was spinning, and also be a little pyromaniac at the same time.

Granted he could spin just as well as the rest of them, he was no good at lighting things up. He carried around a little lighter that was almost out of fuel, and he could barely even get it to spark.

Eventually Disty met a friend who could finally put up with him, called Hei. It was a weird name so everyone called him, "Blaster" instead. He was a good pyromaniac, but a bad spinner.

In fact, he was soo good, he had his own flamethrower.

So when they would play together, Disty would spin and spin and spin, while Blaster torched the s--t out of everything at precisely the right time.

The End.

Hahhaa... very nice :lol:
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

coil's a d---! i would punch that kid in the face!
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Screw them this sheet is sick, http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69006
Nuff said.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”