Mega Squirt III with V3.57 expansion

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
Silkwyrm

Mega Squirt III with V3.57 expansion

Post by Silkwyrm »

So I’ve been dealing with various ignition problems with my ZE. I decided to go the Mega Squirt route. I bought a MegaSquirt-III w/ MS3X Expansion V3.57 I haven’t seen any posts of people who have used this for both ignition and fuel. Has anyone done this? If so and you have a NA KLZE with performance exhaust (headers, hiflow cat and muffler 2.5 in tubing) and hi flow cold air intake, can you share your map? Any other tips and suggestions would be appreciated as well. Also if anyone has done sequential fuel injection for all 6 cylinders instead of just using 2 banks, I'd like to hear how that went and if it was worth the extra effort.

Thanks,

Rik
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Mega Squirt III with V3.57 expansion

Post by fowljesse »

Hi, there. I'll share mine. It's pretty close to one I found on Google. The one I found is closer to what you have. Mine is a KLDE that has been rebuilt, including porting, and reworking everything, so it's a little stronger than a ZE.
Check out this thread: http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701288659
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Thanks for the link Jesse, gotta dig through all the Turbo DE posts. Guess that's to be expected on Probe talk. Actually wish I had gone that route instead of the ZE. Did you do individual cylinders for the fuel injection on your setup?

Rik
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I'm not sure of MSIIIV3.57, I'm building a MSIIV3, but I can tell you sequential injection is a waste of time.

above about 3000 RPM, you will have NO noticeable difference between batch and full sequential.

Below that, you'll have more uniform wall wetting, and your A/F should be more stable at idle.

Basically not worth the effort. MAYBE a bit of tq down low if you've written a good tune to take advantage of it.

If you want to learn more, look into 'injection angles' and how to tune with them, and what you might get.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Thanks Ryan, at this point I kinda just want to get everything back up and running as soon as possible, so I think you've convinced me to go with batch injection even though I originally chose this version of Mega Squirt because it could do sequential. I hope to get a lot of work done on the car this weekend also setting up the HEI mod with an external coil, so lots to do, I'll try and post a walk through of what I did when I'm done.

Thanks again.
Rik
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Let me know if you don't find a map that fits well enough, and I'll post mine.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”