94 RS Hei Mod (Write up in production)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JCS

Re: 94 RS Hei Mod?

Post by JCS »

It's not a problem. We just got more ice tonight and it's supposed to snow again...talk about ridiculous! Wish I could afford a nice heated garage :(
JCS

Re: 94 RS Hei Mod?

Post by JCS »

Holy beautiful day in Kansas! About freakin' time. I could actually feel my fingers the entire time I was digging into this.

Now, looking at the module in the picture it's wired like so:

Bottom left post: Yellow w/ orange spots and blue line
Top left post: Splices into blue wire that plugs into coil
Top right post: Green w/ white line
Bottom right post: (I think, can't read my own writing) Orange/black and grounds to front of module

I took all the nice lookin' tape and stuff off the wires so you could get a better view...I hope it helps. If you need some more help, like if the harness isn't the same as far as color goes (which wouldn't surprise me) then just let me know.
TigEer

Re: 94 RS Hei Mod (Write up in production)

Post by TigEer »

The disty died on me a few months ago, but I didn't have the time to mess with it so I had to bite the bullet with a new disty + towing $$$! I finally have some time to work on my RS before school starts again. I need for it to be reliable for long drive to different work sites, lol.

But anyways, I decided to do a HEI MOD write up for RS DOHC. I've done the searching and found pieces of information for the RS, but no step-by-step write directed for the RS. Therefore, I decided to pull everything together.

So far, I finish modding the disty cap and the disty itself. I search about the wiring and found that the RS wiring pinout should be the same as the K8. I will post some pictures soon.
'94 RS 1.6L
puromx3

Re: 94 RS Hei Mod (Write up in production)

Post by puromx3 »

hey wuts up, so did you ever do that right up? im going to do it to my bpt swap and i need the pin outs from the 4plug disty. any pics or info would help. thanx
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”