[FS/GI] 94 MX3 KLZE Vancouver BC

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

[FS/GI] 94 MX3 KLZE Vancouver BC

Post by mikeinaus »

im tired of trying to fix my fuel mileage problem. i cant afford to keep throwing parts at it and im seriously considering selling it. i might be moving and i could really use the money. im just curious to see if anyone would be interested. i bought the car in may of this year off of solo_ryder, i have spent probably close to $6000 on it and parts + countless hours of my time working on it. the car has been very well maintained and specs include:
94 gs 5 speed with air conditioning
curved neck klze engine im guessing has 115,000km on it doesnt burn oil or coolant or smoke
hot shot headers
custom high flow 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow cat and twintip mufler, unknown brand resonator (sound is nice but not too loud)
new H&R springs/kyb gr2 (front) struts were installed in august rears have zr2 s/r struts which are still good
custom 3" short ram intake
new spark plugs, wires, disty cap and rotor
new denso o2 sensors and delphi coolant temp sensor were just installed
new upper and lower rad hose as well as rad cap/thermostat
all new belts and pullies are waiting to be installed within the next few weeks
17" konig holes rims with 205/40/17 falken azenis tires (low tread)
14" vw rims with all season tires for winter
black halo headlights
black altezza taillights
momo millenium steering wheel with momo hub
momo leather shift knob
leather arm rest cover
rx8 leather seats powered/heaters are working
mx3 se rear leather seats
12" alping type R sub in a custom box i made in the spare tire well with a false floor (pounds hard)
alpine type S 6.5" components
alpine double din deck
pioneer 300W rms 4 channel speaker amp
phoenix gold 600w rms mono sub amp
the list literally goes on and on

the car isnt perfect, theres a couple small things to take care of: hatch squeaks, drivers seat airbag was deployed and the cover is ripped, needs new trunk trim panels and the amps could be wired up a bit cleaner (wiring included to do this), grill for sub, cage/trim for the deck. it also comes with a bunch of spare parts. all in all the car is in great condition and other then the over fueling issue it has been great. i dont have any recent pictures. most of these were taken half way threw projects (sub) which are more or less finished now and much cleaner. currently the roof is painted flat black with plastidip which is removable.

hoping to get $5000... car is located in vancouver bc and is aircared until august or september of 2013
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: [FS/GI] 94 MX3 KLZE Vancouver BC

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Sh*t dude, sorry to hear that...
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

no biggie. mx3's arnt really worth anything in my area so i doubt ill be able to get anything close to what ive put into it. therefore ill more then likely end up keeping it and continue throwing parts at it in an attempt to fix the over fueling. next on my list is a kl36 ecu which doesnt make any sense to me why it would run any better then my current setup (2 different chips by 2 different tuners) but we can always hope eh.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I remember this car from way back in the day, i am happy to see it is still very nice.

It sucks about the tuning. What is wrong just fuel consumption? Have you swapped in the MX6 626 5th gear? I am on DE tuning and have pretty much the same setup and I am getting a solid 25mpg with the MX3 stock 5th gear. I am in the same boat looking for different fueling but keep hearing bad things about the chips...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

At this point man, I think you should go with Megasquirt...

It couldn't hurt, especially since you've had so many troubles with this. There is even a used setup in the FS section right now, if memory serves it was ~$300.

I'm glad that you will try and keep the car, she's one of the cleanest cars on this board, and I'd be sad to see you sell.

Good luck with it :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah Josh its just running like a pig. no codes, almost everything that would affect fuel mileage is new. i have the stock 5th gear but 95% of my driving is stop and go in the city so the mx6 5th gear wouldnt help with that. i bearly even touch 5th gear in the city anyways, mainly just for flats and down hill areas. putting any pressure on the throttle in 5th at 50-60km/h has a fairly large effect on the vacuum gauge and almost no effect on acceleration.

right now im averaging 18mpg and my last tank was just over 15mpg with a bad coolant temp sensor and 2 new o2 sensors :crying:. for the ammount of gas im burning i should have much much more power then the klze is capable of n/a

if your interested Josh. you could try one of my chips, if you have good results your welcome to purchase it after a few tanks of gas.

megasquirt would be great but unfortunately im having trouble raising the $140 for the kl36 let alone $300 for megasquirt. to be honest im not even sure if im going to come up with the $220 i need for insurance and a parking pass at school by the 15th. i also wouldnt want to bother trying to wire up megasquirt in the winter, and my teacher hates modified cars and i doubt hed let me attempt it at school. convincing him to let me do my timing belt was hard enough.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

18 MPG?!

I get 29 typically, with a relatively high idle(800) around town!

What RPM do you shift at typically?
Have you tried using different injectors by any chance?

Honestly, I think you'd be better off saving up for Megasquirt, but I definitely understand the budgetary concerns :( Money sucks...

As for wiring MS up, I'm not sure if the ECU he is selling will need much, since it was run successfully prior! It might have been setup for a 4banger though, so whatever work it takes to swap that would be required. :S I don't know if it would just be as simple as a different startup map, or if you would need to wire the injector outputs differently. It could turn out that it's incredibly simple. :shrug:

Don't sell the car though!! She's clean, and you would regret it, especially since you've put so much work into this. Imagine how you'll feel when you figure out the fuel issue!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

If its possible to fix the problem you mean. If possible ID rather not go ms. I know it makes sense I just really cent afford it ATM
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Do you know if the car has a warbro or milly injectors in it? A buddy of mine and I had a probe GT (we sold it back and forth a couple times lol) that had a warbro 255 in it. The factory regulator could not hold the warbro back and consequently got 8mi to the gallon.

Things I would check: Does it have a warbro
Swap out the factory regulator at the end of your fuel rail.
Swap out injectors
Swap out the mass air.
Is the timing spot on. (did you ever remove the distributor)
Make sure there is no un-metered air going into the TB after the mass air.

Hope this helps: :shrug:

Ive got to admit that I would like to buy this car....... It's so clean. I just don't know how buying a car and bring it to the states would work. I've seen it done another way but I don't know anyone that has brought a car back from Canada.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

List everything that you've checked/replaced so far, I'm sure there's a few things you missed. Aaron's suggestions are a great start.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

ive got a thread going in the v6 section which lists everything ive tried/replaced. ive gotten 2 new coolant sensors that are throwing codes when they start to warm up, once i get one that works im thinking it might have a pretty large impact on my fuel mileage. no way to know until i get the sensor and put some miles on it but im hoping this solves the over fueling problem.
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

If you were here in the states I'm quite positive that car would be sold. It's hard enough to find a gs lip. lol. This is clean and smexy!
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

[quote="MrMazda92"]18 MPG?!

I get 29 typically, with a relatively high idle(800) around town!

Thats pretty good there, but your idle is normal for your car, I believe the high spec is actually 950. You must have a K8, or b6 to get 29mpg. When I had my k8 the best I could muster was about 23, with my ze I can get 26 on longer trips if I turn down the fuel pressure all while cruising on the stock k8 ecu
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^ swap your 5th gear out, then you will see 29 - 30

:)

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”