onlytrueromeo's '92 GSZE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
onlytrueromeo

Re: onlytrueromeo's '92 GSZE

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Well, I don't have many pics of the work I did, but about 3 weeks ago I fixed a major rust spot on my car. I have an old MIG welder that I've wanted to learn how to use, and this was the perfect opportunity. My work does not look good, but it is solid, and covered up now w/ the rear bumper so I can't show you how it looks. I will be finishing the bondo in the wheel well sometime, so I may have pics of that in the future. This is what it looked like when I cut away all the rust.

For weeks, I had a terrible amount of water coming in the back of my car, and I was convinced it was coming from the hatch. I struggled in vain, trying to stop a leak that wasn't there. My dad suggested that it was the wheel well, but when I had taken the tire off to look, I didn't see any holes. I finally took the pressure washer and sprayed my wheel wells, and found the crack. Picture #2 is what it looked like from the wheel well, no problem, right? Then I found out that they had "repaired" that horrible crack by filling it w/ an epoxy like compound. Took my a good day to clean up the area. I had to cut away alot of bad metal. I certainly learned alot, as I did not repair the problem w/ a professional level of experience, but I know that I did a good enough job so that the problem will not come back, and so that it is at least as strong as OEM. Pictures 4 and 5 are actual pictures of the crack in the wheel well. The car was in an accident before I bought it, and it was repaired poorly. The crack went from the bottom almost to the top where the strut connects.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I also put in my headliner and the rest of the trim in the car, but it's only because I had to move back to school. My work in subpar as I did this more than a year ago, and never got around to fixing it. While most people that come in the car don't notice the imperfections in my work, they are all I can think about. :(

When I actually have a garage and space to work in, I will be redoing things, slowly, so that I can correct my mistakes.

Here are some recent pics of the interior after a vacuuming.

WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I really like the interieur !!
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Where'd you get the leather shift boots?
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

redline - go on probetalk and there should be a discount code, or will be in a couple days for the new month. If not, you can google it and find it elsewhere - I suggest probetalk because I know that if you use the code, they get a share of the profits.

I just got the simple black, no piping or anything special, but there are lots of options if you choose to go w/ a more flashy option than me. Cost me ~60 or so shipped I think? Not bad, considering it was very well designed and fit right in.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Installed my whiteline swaybar today!

I don't have pics of it installed, as I just finished. Butt dyno noticed results! Installed the heim joints I got from wytbishop (removing stock ones it the biggest PITA...when I did the fronts I wanted to hit something). I had the g/f sit in the driver seat to notice how much it compressed, then added just a little more to account for my weight on the links. The poly bushings on the swaybar came with grease, which was nice, but there are no grooves or anything to keep the grease in so who knows how long it will last. I believe it is set to have no preload, but I don't have a lift and getting under there ain't all that easy.

I also fixed my washer pump, and changed my oil. Expensive day...I use amsoil, so $12 a quart x 4 + filter and seafoam.

My neighbors did not appreciate the white smoke coming from my car afterwards.

You all should get this! It's good stuff!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey man, hows the car coming along?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Havn't had time/money to work on the car unfortunately. Still running was, as she's my daily.

Just graduated and started work a month ago, moved to a place w/ a garage in preparation for when I can start working again :mrgreen:

Just done regular maintenance on her. Body as almost 160k miles, which is ~25k that I've put on the KLZE since I put it in! Burned only 1/2-3/4 of a quart of oil in the last 4-5 months/5-7000 miles.

Did you get your Viper yet?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'm unemployed so no go, but I've actually decided on an Rx-8 instead.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey, do me a favor when you get a chance, send me a picture of the underside of my hatch cover.
Ohsnapsitsbri
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ohsnapsitsbri »

Can you make a write up on how you wrapped your interior, i really would like to try something like that. looks great.
-Brianna
93 MX-3 gs v6
Work log: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76837

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”