Mazdaspeed Strut bar

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Mazdaspeed Strut bar

Post by kulluminati777 »

I have a K8 now but when i get to the states i am swapping either a ZE or a DE as soon as my car gets off the boat...my question is if i do the engine swap can i still use the mazdaspeed strut bar or will i have to get a different one....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Mazdaspeed Strut bar

Post by Josh »

I think it depends on the manifold, but Most I have seen put them up on top of nuts.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

it will fit, let me find a link for you

*Edit* here you go =)
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... &start=165

out of curiosity how much is getting your car to the US from germany?
also you should fill your car with german mx-3 parts and sell them when you land =D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Bring over some Euro Suede interior trim for MrMazda? *drool*
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

I will take some good beer, it has been too long since I have had german beer
Kakarot 135
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Evo_Spec wrote:it will fit, let me find a link for you

*Edit* here you go =)
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... &start=165

out of curiosity how much is getting your car to the US from germany?
also you should fill your car with german mx-3 parts and sell them when you land =D

Yeah guys i seen he puts it on bolts...hopefully i t will fit mine with the outlaw spacers i have but im sure it will :D
and i get it shipped for free since i am in the military and where ever i go the car get to come along for the ride except war zones like Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait.... but i go a quote fro a carrier because i wawws going to get my a rx-7 while i was over here or ship my mx-6 and its roughly $1900 but for some lame reason it depends on the size of the car...even though most would take up the same amount of work to get over to the U. S. of A.

MrMazda92 wrote:Bring over some Euro Suede interior trim for MrMazda? *drool*

I would of had ALOT more euro goodies in my ride if i can find a junkyard over here because germans like to use most of there land for farming they dont have acres upon acres like america, so its hard to find one thats not all the way on the other side of the country...THEN to add insult to injury i dont know if germany bought really ANY of the 90's mazda's. I have seen only 3 RX-7's on the road and they where from japan and owned by a few freinds of mine...5 mx-3's ...6 mx-6's...and a bunch of miatas (i been here 5 years and yes i kept count) but i do see alot of 626's and 323 astina's around......
kakarot135 wrote:I will take some good beer, it has been too long since I have had german beer

do they not sell any beer in the states thats german origin? i know they wont have all of they cause its like every city has there own special brew lol but i would think like hepifizen is there....
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Easy fix, mine cleared the Curved-neck ZE IM with Outlaw Spacers, just needed 3 things:
- Mount the strut bar on top of the existing nuts
- Spacer and longer bolts to shift the bar back
- Shave the mounts off the top of that center VRIS plate.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... =corksport
(Pics are before the Outlaw Spacers, I needed to grind down the VRIS plate for with the spacers)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

too much work Nd4SpdSe.... :P

Remember the MS bar clears the Millenia IM just fine with a couple bolts for spacers (first link in the thread is to mine). This is due to the design that the bar goes off the front of the mounts vs. the Corksport that goes right over the middle.

Here's a link to what Marcdh did with his MS when using the thermospacers. If you have AWR mounts you shouldn't have much issues with rubbing if you add another bolt or washers for spacers: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 33#p496633

If I ever install my thermospacers on the DD, that's what I'll do too 8)
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

do they have 323f v6's in germany? id be down for some spindles :mrgreen:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Dude they are ALL over the place....i keep an eye open for some spindles...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you can remove shipping cost from the Spindle buy, I may be interested... :D I would have bought some already, but shipping puts it way beyond my budget unfortunately.

I've put a lot of money out lately... I'm about to put another $1500 into my '92. Bigtime goodies coming this winter... :welder:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”