Project Jay-Spec MX-326GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Project Jay-Spec MX-326GS

Post by Josh »

I always just used a tape measure from inside of tire tread to the other :shrug:
The string would be about the same thing :) who needs fancy lasers...
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

You can do a whole alignment with trig and a measuring tape.

Caster is a bit harder though, but caster isn't a science - If its a race car, just max it out. Lol.

I still love this car, and keep tabs on this worklog.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

finally after two hrs readin and admiring ur art was worth it love this build super awesome !!! great work and the 323 gods are proud of u lol haha but still man super clean and keep it coming !!!!!!!!!!
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Thanks for the compliments guys. As far as keeping it coming, Christmas and my pregnant chick have stalled the project, but the next round is a old man style stereo. I picked up a Pioneer deck, amp, infinity 6.5" & 6x9" speakers and a single Energy 10" Sub & box. After that I am going to paint the quad color interior all black and put it in. My MX-3/323 seat collection all look really sad, I am not sure which route to go with the seats. I am going to stuff torn MX-3 seats in the front and the least nasty 323 rear seat for now. I have looked at some aftermarket seats, but my bologna budget and caviar taste don't meet up. I have a lot of friends in the VW scene and I spied Mark III GTI and Wolfsburg seats, that fit my tastes and budget, that may be an option. :welder: Another option is to keep my eyes pealed for some nice 323 GTR seats.

I see a boxing day spending spree at the MaZda steelership for an emblem, windshield trim and maybe a hatch garnish in my future. I think my Boss is giving me parts instead of vacation....again, so the 326 will get a Zex Wet Nitrous kit and a Aeromotive fuel pump, the rest will go towards my other money pit (a Sheot box with pewter horse in the grill) . :D I think I want to go with a M62 Mercedes supercharger, but that looks like a project in itself, so for this summer I will use a much lazier approach to forced induction to keep up with the locals. :shrug:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

I think you'll be happier with a set of MX3 front buckets and MX3 rear seats... the 323 stuff just looks so plain.. If you are tall like I am the mx3 front buckets are nice since they make you sit lower in the car...
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

All my Santa's chipped in for the best Birthday-Christmas present ever! :D

I am gathering thoughts and parts to make the sub box & 6x9" boxes quick release and quick disconect for trips to the track.

Last edited by IMACHU2 on March 19th, 2012, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I like it!.. I especially like the quick disconnects
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Awesome! Must say I'm a little bit jealous of your Christmas/bday presents! Awesome idea for the quick release - I'll bet everyone will envy you there! Make it much easier to use the same car for track, or even if you just need the bootspace for a long trip somewhere... Good thinking!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Got a new Sun & Flame my old one looked burned out :)
Got new windshield trim, I broke the old plastidipped refinished ones attempting to put them on :(
Last edited by IMACHU2 on March 19th, 2012, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Colder spark plugs? Chemically perfect atmosphere ready Muhahahaha!
Last edited by IMACHU2 on March 19th, 2012, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

so wait, is the car already on the road?
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Evo_Spec wrote:so wait, is the car already on the road?
Not quite yet, I need to paint and instal the interior, instal the stereo, and a handful of other details. The colder spark plugs hint at something I have ordered for the car. Hint: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a few more projects I want to do to the car, but I am going to stop working on it soon and start working on my Mustang. I want to enjoy the 323 as-is (but finished) this summer. My future plans for the 323 include new front seats, and a M62 supercharger. The supercharger looks like a project in itself, and I am running out of time if I want to have both my sheot boxes on the road for summer.

I have a amassed a huge pile of parts over the last few years for my Mustang, and I would like to have it driveable for summer too. (It catastopically failed two years ago) An Autotopsy has been performed, and I have decided to basically just fix it. I had a huge LSX engine swap project planned for it :welder: , but my girl friend has a bun in the oven, and I fear a big engine swap project at the same time as a new bambino would sideline the car for many, many years.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Before stoopid mother nature ended my fun (Blizzard) I worked on the car for a few hours. Installed the new sun & flame.

.....and the new windsheild trim.

I made driving light brackets out of hardware store 8" shelf brackets. This killed two birds with one stone as the bracket seconds as a plate holder. My stock plate holder was bent beyond fixing. I trimmed the brackets to size and added a few holes. I have already painted them black, so no worries LOL.

I thought the rear plate lights were burnt out, but they were actually working, they were just very, very dim. The whole thing looked like a fixture off the titanic, so I decided to start from scatch.

I used a piece of aluminum and a 3M backed strip of L.E.D's to build my creation. Soldered the original plug onto the L.E.D strip. I ran the wires through a rubber grommet and drilled a few holes to mount it to the bumper. It looks and works much better then the old one. :shrug:

Oh....the novelty plates were for mock-up purposes, in Ontario you need to have a proper plate front and rear. :lol:

Had hoped to wire in the Stereo and fog lights, but mother nature had other plans for me. :crying: (snow shoveling)
Last edited by IMACHU2 on March 19th, 2012, 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

great work on everything, i especially like the new LED plate light.
i'm surprised you missed it considering you've pretty much went through rebuilding the whole car now
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

The bumpers were in pretty rough shape, and I thought they may need to be replaced, so They were not 100% repainted and restored like the rest of the car. :lol: The bumpers actually didn't turn out too bad, so I should have detailed them better. Honestly totally missed the nasty looking plate lights all togeather, until I plugged them in. :oops:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”