Questions regarding (JDM) mazda BPT engines and our mx3's

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
the_twig_187
antispam: No

Questions regarding (JDM) mazda BPT engines and our mx3's

Post by the_twig_187 »

my question is... is swapping a jdm mazda bpt engine (out of a jap mazda 323) the same process as swapping a north american mazda protege BP engine?

or is there a lot more involved?

and yes i know the obvious like the whole turbo and IC install would be different but im asking if the mounts/harniss/f-series trans will bolt up kinda stuff

any experance or info is much appreciated
Chris
-BLACK 1996 1.6L DOHC
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3834912" (Car Domain Page)
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76892 (mx3.com worklog)
-Green 1993 Toyota Turcel (winter beater)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Questions regarding (JDM) mazda BPT engines and our mx3'

Post by Daninski »

I have no idea about BP's but as soon as I see turbo I have to ask how you plan to fuel manage? Your harness is OBD2 so can you get the ECU as well so you have the proper fuel maps and maybe even the harness?

Anyway here's the YouTube vid Chris made of a MX3 meet we had in 2010. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
memphis9787
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by memphis9787 »

From what I have read the f-series trans will bolt up but ur better off getting the g-series as aparently the f is not as strong...

Im currently doing the JDM BPT swap into my B5 Eunos and Im going use the stock tranny which I believe is a G-series

Best of luck :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:Anyway here's the YouTube vid Chris made of a MX3 meet we had in 2010. :D
Nice link :lol:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

the process would be the same for swapping a BPT into a 92-95 mx3 but not into an OBD2 car, with an obd2 car i believe you have to swap the interior harness but i'm not completely sure as i've never done it but i swapped a BPT into my 94 mx3
wytbishop

Re: Hello guys!

Post by wytbishop »

MichealMogavero wrote:Nastepny etap to juz budowanie domu. domy drewniane
W tym miejscu najwazniejsze jest zatrudnienie wlasciwej brygady wykonawczej, która sie tym zajmie. Grunt by posiadala doswiadczenie w konstruowaniu tego rodzaju domów. Jest to istotne albowiem technologia takich domów jest inna niz szablonowych murowanych. Zarówno sposoby jak i wykorzystywane artykuly róznia sie. Domy drewniane sa przygotowywane w fabryce, wiernie z wczesniejszym planem architektonicznym. domy z drewna
Pózniej na przygotowanym uprzednio fundamencie dokonuje sie ich skladania. Ów gatunek technologii jest zwany równiez ekologicznym. domy z drewna
Budowa budynku drewnianego zmniejsza emisje dwutlenku wegla do atmosfery. Domy drewniane maja takze dobroczynne dzialanie jesli chodzi o uczuleniowców. Do budowy domu drewnianego stosuje sie przede wszystkim pólprodukty pochodzenia naturalnego, czyli drewno, plyty wiórowe, welne mineralna oraz plyty gipsowo-kartonowe.

Wbrew dominujacemu przekonaniu prawidlowo postawione i eksploatowane domy drewniane nie ustepuja trwaloscia tym murowanym.

That's what I was thinking but I didn't have the guts to just come out and say it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”