Panel replacement

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Panel replacement

Post by mitmaks »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:You're an artist :2thumbsup:
Bodywork is an art. You either have it or you don't.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ha, I worked in a Body Shop/Garage when I was fourteen. I pumped gas and sanded bondo. I got pretty good and the boss only had to glaze the area after I was done. I'd go home covered in pink dust. lol All that fun for $1 an hour. Oh ya and we sold gas for ,,,,42c a Canadian Gallon. Can you dig it. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

fun for $1 an hour. Oh ya and we sold gas for ,,,,42c a Canadian Gallon
?

I can dig that your old... ahahah! just buggin yah :lol:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm still hoping you'll be able to farm work out to your MX-3 brethren, you'd have all the cold beer and conversation you could handle for quality work like this! :wink:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

MrMazda92 wrote:I'm still hoping you'll be able to farm work out to your MX-3 brethren, you'd have all the cold beer and conversation you could handle for quality work like this! :wink:
Mx-3s are always welcome in my garage.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mitmaks wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:I'm still hoping you'll be able to farm work out to your MX-3 brethren, you'd have all the cold beer and conversation you could handle for quality work like this! :wink:
Mx-3s are always welcome in my garage.
You sir, are tempting me to make 2 road trips. :shock:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on panel glue. Back when I was doing body work, our shop had started using glue instead of welding if you have full panels to replace. We used a 3M product it was just as strong as welding. The nice thing is that it created an airtight bond between the panels. When welding there is a gap between the panels and moisture over the years can cause this area to rust. you can paint the panels somewhat before putting them on but there will always be bare metal spots around the welds. Once the panels are welded most places will apply a caulk type sealant over the seam but that only seals one side of it. The glue creates a water and airtight barrier on both sides of the panel seam. So if your restoring a classic or just want to make sure the car could conceivably last forever ooor if like me you consider rust to be the evil cancer of the auto world that can not be tolerated, I'd go with the glue.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I glued my rocker panels on. Held up sweet for 18 months now.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Daninski wrote:Ha, I worked in a Body Shop/Garage when I was fourteen. I pumped gas and sanded bondo. I got pretty good and the boss only had to glaze the area after I was done. I'd go home covered in pink dust. lol All that fun for $1 an hour. Oh ya and we sold gas for ,,,,42c a Canadian Gallon. Can you dig it. :D
I call BS...Dan was never fourteen...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Flyer wrote:
Daninski wrote:Ha, I worked in a Body Shop/Garage when I was fourteen. I pumped gas and sanded bondo. I got pretty good and the boss only had to glaze the area after I was done. I'd go home covered in pink dust. lol All that fun for $1 an hour. Oh ya and we sold gas for ,,,,42c a Canadian Gallon. Can you dig it. :D
I call BS...Dan was never fourteen...
:lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Appearance”