New coilover system on the cheap

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
stereoking15

New coilover system on the cheap

Post by stereoking15 »

Hey all I just ran across these godspeed units on ebay, not real familiar with the brand so dont know their reputation for anything just see a lot of honda boys with there stuff what is everyones opinion on these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/sample-3 ... ccessories
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: New coilover system on the cheap

Post by Mooneggs »

hmmm interesting... I wonder if it's similar to the K-sport/D2/XYZ variants... anybody used these?

Also I see they have a front sway bar... I wonder if it is any better than OEM? There's no specs on it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-MX ... 1c1d20d5f0
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

I have heard that the rear bar is need replacement for better handling(White line suspension!!).The front does not need change..You might notice no difference.
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well there was a mazdaspeed front sway bar available... I wonder if the only difference was the bushings that hold it. I'm not sure if the rear mazdaspeed sway bar was equivalent to the 22mm solid whiteline bar? :confused2:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Cool find, maybe we'll hear some good feedback out of it. I'll go the coilover route when I redo my suspension... I just really want to know what I'm getting myself into first.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs wrote:well there was a mazdaspeed front sway bar available
Really? Cool! Didn't know that.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

both great deals! I wonder if the coilover kit comes with camber plates. If not, they are only $160 from ksport for all 4
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

They look kinda cheep, but for 400 bucks... I have heard of godspeed brand in Ebay Turbos, but that's it. They are decent turbos from what i understand.

I just dont like a coilover setup without a preload spring.

Mazdaspeed did in fact have a front and a rear sway for the MX. the rear was either 21mm or 22mm solid bar painted in a lime green kind of color. I don't remember what size the front was though. I thought whiteline had a front back in the day too. maybe not :shrug:

Moon: do you have a MS brochure with the specs?
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

Josh wrote:They look kinda cheep, but for 400 bucks... I have heard of godspeed brand in Ebay Turbos, but that's it. They are decent turbos from what i understand.

I just dont like a coilover setup without a preload spring.

Mazdaspeed did in fact have a front and a rear sway for the MX. the rear was either 21mm or 22mm solid bar painted in a lime green kind of color. I don't remember what size the front was though. I thought whiteline had a front back in the day too. maybe not :shrug:

Moon: do you have a MS brochure with the specs?
Are you kidding me? why ask moon if he does? He has like every mazda book, part, prototype for the mx3. He is a walking parts bin.
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^^^That's why I asked^^^ :wink:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Probably old news(at least to MoonEggs haha ;P), but some of you might be interested anyway: http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/tech/whi ... atalog.htm
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Josh wrote:painted in a lime green kind of color.
Wasn't the MS struts painted that color too?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Yep, the sways were kinda flatter in color, I do know of one person who has a MS rear sway.
I have been watching ebay for some time to see if any show up on there or MS strut tower bars...
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Yeah Josh is right, the sway bars are more of a minty flat green whereas the struts were like a lime shiny green. The specs are all in Japanese! :crying:

Blake I had not seen that link before... that makes me want to get one of those front swaybars just to see if it would fit... 24mm is super beefy though! :o
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Mooneggs wrote:Blake I had not seen that link before... that makes me want to get one of those front swaybars just to see if it would fit... 24mm is super beefy though! :o
I would think that with a GS and for sure with a 2.5 swap, it would be a lot better than with a RS.

I am thinking about it. With the AWD it might help. I am going to a GTR rear sway that is like 20 or 21MM solid though and it might be nice to use a bigger front.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”