any honda guys around

Off-Topic Discussions
kakarot135

Re: any honda guys around

Post by kakarot135 »

Didn't get a CEL until yesterday afternoon. It was almost 90 degrees yesterday so I an thinking that is when the cap warped. I am thinking that with the hotter than normal temp and some extra driving I did the engine was a little warmer than normal.

Any thing that I need to be aware of when pulling the distributor, this will be the practice run for the mx3 distributor that is on its way to me......
Kakarot 135
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Just take the cap off and remember the position of the rotor (or take a picture). Then, make a mark on the disty flange and the head, so you know what general position the disty was in before you pulled it. That'll make your life much easier when reassembling.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

screw out, new cap and rotor on, ended up having just enough room in the engine compartment to get my small drill in and use a standard extractor to pull the broken screw out. Took it for a short test drive and the idle was still a little low but it was not bogging down or running all in all like crap so it is a partial win. I am going to take it to work tomorrow and see what she does, maybe she just needs time to reset everything. working on this car is not nearly as much fun as the MX.....

thanks for all the help guys, if you have any other ideas throw them out. If the idle is still acting up after driving it to work I will have to try to find out how to adjust that. anything else I need to look at.

Jason
Kakarot 135

Return to “Off-Topic”